Sunday, March 1, 2020

FEBRUARY 2020

I had a whole intro written out about how it was Leap Day and it was pretty cool that I was posting on Leap Day because I wouldn't have another chance to for four years... and then I didn't post it on Leap Day.

So, happy day after Leap Day! (someday I'll be responsible enough to post on time every week. but today is not that day.)

Buuuuut anyway. Time for February highlights! I can't believe February is over and March is here. 2020 is already flying by. February was a good month in some ways and a meh month in others. I'll just let the highlights speak for themselves.







To Kill A Mockingbird: 4 stars

Just Ella: 3 stars

The Spiderwick Chronicles: 3.5/4 stars (I'm just bunching all three SC books I read together)

I'm currently reading Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson and am enjoying it so far. Although I'm starting to wish I would have waited a while to start it because it's like 600+ pages, and I'm 150 pages in and barely feel like I've made a dent. xD I'm also still reading Power Rangers: The Ultimate Visual History and really enjoying that.

Overall, a great month! Definitely feel like I got more reading in than I did in January.

Oof, I'm already struggling with writing this year. xD Or rather, struggling with NOT writing.

I did some brainstorming for Fall Into Time earlier in the month, got excited about the story again, and then got bored with being back at the planning stage again. If I haven't already mentioned, this story NEEDS some help. It's too big of an uncertain mess to do much with past the point I've written to, and that brainstorming NEEDS to happen. It's just hard to stay motivated when all you want to do is just WRITE, you know? So hopefully I'll be able to pick that back up again because honestly, it's high time this story gets finished.

I had a short story published in Havok! If you're a member and you missed it, you can read it HERE.

February 3rd was the one year anniversary of when I got my dog, which had me feeling like an emotional, proud mother. I love him so muuuch. *cries*

February 3, 2019 and February 3, 2020. The second picture's not that great, but those things in front of him are dog-safe cupcakes we made. xD

I'm not gonna lie, after the super-strong start to the year I had in January, February was kind of rough. You know, the newness of the new year wears off and with it goes a bit of your excitement and motivation. So my workouts/drinking water dwindled, and I began to slack off a little with staying organized. (okay, a lot. my bullet journal is suffering.)

But I'm going back uphill now, retracing my January steps and getting back into it! Pro tip, guys: if you have habits you want to upkeep, try really hard not to let yourself slip even once, because just that one time will set the stage for a lot more times and it will be much easier to decline. (but if you do regress a bit, don't beat yourself up! there's still time to make it right!)

NOW THE ULTIMATE HIGHLIGHT.

I WATCHED ENDGAME.

*lip quivers*

*whimpers*

*BURSTS INTO TEARS*

THIS MOVIE BROOOOOKE ME. I know I said that last week about Infinity War, but for reaaaals guys. ENDGAME. WHY YOU GOTTA DO ME LIKE THIS.

I won't say much about this here because I'll have a loooot more to say on that subject next Saturday. (Stay tuned for my incoherent, emotional rambling. *nod*) But it was amazing. And I don't know HOW all you people who keep up with this stuff as it comes out in theaters survived the year of waiting between Infinity War and Endgame. Are you okay? Are you still suffering? BECAUSE I WOULD BE.

The night we watched it I made dinner and it was basically the best thing ever: shawarma!!


And fondue!!


And Marvel cupcakes!!


I ran out of heroes to represent and starting writing quotes. xD 

Basically I was just way too extra and went all out. xD

The fondue kind of stopped... fonduing after a while (we had to take it off the stove to move it into the living room where we were watching the movie and it got really thick and undippable totally a word), but guys the SHAWARMA WAS AMAZING. I didn't expect to love it so much, but it was sooo good. And perfect for the occasion.









Happy first of day of March! March means spring, the Havok anthology release, and MY BIRTHDAY! :D

Usually I'm not too excited about winter melting away and warmer weather moving in... but this year, I'm ready. It's been one of those winters (which has become kind of normal these past few years, honestly) that just keeps giving us all these little snowfalls that give us enough snow to make the ground a muddy mess for the next week and a half, but not enough snow to actually constitute a REAL snow with sledding and snowmen and the like. So, I'm just ready to push winter out the window and welcome in playing-outside weather. (And reading-outside weather.)

How about you-- are you ready for spring? How was your reading in February? How are your 2020 goals going so far? I hope everyone has a fantastic March!


17 comments:

  1. DON'T WORRY EMILY, WE ARE ALL STILL SUFFERING WITH YOU. I don’t think the fandom will ever truly recover from Infinity War/Endgame, so we can still all cry together! XD *hugs*

    And happy early birthday!! And happy late anniversary of getting your dog! (He's. So. Cute.)

    And as I overuse the exclamation point in this comment yet again, I hope you have a fabulous March! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OKAY GOOD AT LEAST WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER. XD

      Thank you!! And yay for overusing exclamation points!! xD

      Delete
  2. YOUR DOG IS JUST SO CUTE, I CAN'T,,,,,
    And those cupcakes are goals. :D
    Happy early birthday, I hope it's a wonderful year for you. <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE DOGGO PICTURES. *all the heart eyes* He's so cuuuute!!!

    Oh my gracious goodness, you watched Endgame. *gives you all the hugs in the world* Welcome to the endless pain. I mean, I LOVED that movie. It's one of my top favorite MCU movies of all time. But also... *SOBS* I cannot wait to hear all your thoughts on it! I literally wrote a 7K post with all my thoughts after I first saw it. 7K. WORDS. o.o There's just...so much to that movie. *collapses*

    Okay, but I LOVE that you went all out and made Marvel themed food for the event. That is the best!

    I do hope you have the most amazing March, Emily! And EEP. Happy almost birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU *joins in the heart eyes*

      *collapses with you* I can't express what that movie did to me. Well, I guess I'll be expressing it in my blog post, but I can tell you now it's not going to be pretty. xD xD

      I hope you do as well!! Thank you! <3

      Delete
  4. I am ready for spring, but where I live we don't get spring till April or May.

    Have a great birthday!! And a wonderful month!


    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I hope you can endure those last months of your winter then! Usually we're pretty much done with winter by April, but sometimes it can surprise us. xD

      Thank you! A wonderful month to you as well!

      Delete
  5. YES I AM STILL SUFFERING!! THE SUFFERING ONLY BEGAN WITH INFINITY WAR; IT NEVER ENDS!!! But yes, I can't wait for your post!

    Oh, your dog!!!! <3 He's so adorable!

    Those cupcakes, though! That is such a cool idea and such a great way to end the series, with all the fandom food while watching the final movie. Love it!


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #ETERNALSUFFERING

      Thank you!! It was pretty fun :D

      Delete
  6. ENDGAAAAAAAME *howls* I'm so glad you liked it!!!!! The opinions seem so mixed so even if there's pain...I'm always glad to find someone else who enjoyed it xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dog is so adorable!! And happy early birthday!

    AVENGERS: ENDGAME!!! *cries forever* I feel so sorry for everyone who had to wait a whole year because I only waited three days and I nearly died from the suspense!! Aaaaaahhhhhhh!! O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      Oh my word, SAME!! I only had to wait for two weeks and I was going crazy by the end of the second day. xD A whole year would have been TORTURE.

      Delete
  8. Love that you guys had themed food with Endgame. It's so good and heartbreaking.
    Your dog is looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of great stuff going on! Oh yes Endgame is an emotional roller coaster and I love so much that you made Shawarma, fondue, and cupcakes. XD

    ReplyDelete