Saturday, February 22, 2020

THE FANTASY MONTH BLOG TAG!

Hellooo and good Saturday!

So, as you may know every year Jenelle Schmidt hosts February is Fantasy Month. I'm pretty new to this concept, but I LOVE it. A whole month dedicated to fantasy? Um. Yes, please.

Anyway, Christine tagged me for the Fantasy Month Blog Tag, and I'm very excited to be doing this tag today! Thank you so much, Christine!


Aaand because there always have to be a few rules to keep us unruly writers in line:

Thank the blogger who tagged you.
Include the graphic somewhere in your post.
Link back to this blog somewhere in your post.
Answer the questions.
Tag a few blogger friends – and let them know they’ve been tagged.
Have fun!


On to the questions!!

1. In a strange twist of fate, you are transported into a fantasy realm of your choice. The catch? You have also been transformed into your least favorite fantasy creature. Where are you, and what are you?

Okay, "fantasy realm of your choice" = ALWAYS gonna be Narnia. I looove Middle Earth and  others, but Narnia is just the most magical place. (well besides Tahiti *winkwink*)(if anyone understands that reference... *fistbump*)

Okay but my least favorite fantasy creature?? THIS IS A LOADED AND ALSO VERY EMPTY QUESTION. Loaded because there are tooons of undesirable fantasy creatures out there. Like perhaps the ankle-slicers and the hags in Narnia, or the orcs in Middle Earth?? And very empty because WHY WOULD I SIT AROUND THINKING ABOUT MY LEAST FAVORITE FANTASY CREATURE. XD

Buuut, well, I guess I'll have to pick something. And I can't NOT choose one of those ugly, despicable villain creatures that just make you want to gag. And I do remember absolutely hating those stupid harpies on Narnia. So, there you have it. Slap some wings on me and call me a harpy. *cringes*

2. What fantasy creature do you wish featured in more stories? What is your favorite story that has that creature in it?

well not harpies that's for sure

This might be kind of a cheesy answer, but I really love mermaids! They're just so pretty and graceful. My slight obsession with mermaids began with H2O: Just Add Water. And I NEED MORE FANTASTIC MERMAID STORIES.



3. As you are reading this, a voice rings in your ear proclaiming:

A hero true, a leader strong,
A quest is where you do belong,
So arm thyself, and take your stand
With an item to your left your fate is at hand.


Besides the fact that this prophetic voice is clearly incapable of sticking to a meter, what ordinary item do you now find yourself armed with? (And, for bonus points, what helpful magical properties does it now possess that will help you on your quest?)

The item to my left? *glances left*

Well, I'm in my bed as I write this, therefore not many items are around me, so the nearest object to me is a chair??? It's pretty big and I'm really not sure how I'm supposed to be armed with this thing. But, well, anything can happen in fantasy, I suppose.

Helpful magical properties? In a chair?? Uhh... Ooh, I know, it can carry me wherever I want to go across the map! So, if I'm at the Beavers' house and I need to get to Aslan's How right away, just sit in the chair and it'll teleport me right on over there. ;)

4. You happen across an ad in a catalogue promising a magical fantasy cruise that will allow you to stop in any three realms of your choice and explore each for several days before returning you home (and the ad promises your safe return or your money back, guaranteed!) Assuming this is not a hoax and that the tour guides will actually be able to cater to your requests, what three realms will you tour and what do you hope to see/who would you like to meet along the way?

Okay, first of all, what does it matter if I get my money back if I don't return safely?? To pay for my funeral? XD

And now for my three choices... I feel like I shouldn't count Narnia since I've been hanging out here since the first question, so I'll leave that out. (I live here now.) Middle Earth is a definite destination. While there, I want to see the Shire (of course!!), Rivendell, and maybe see the Misty Mountains from a distance. (I won't get too close, though, just in case there's a dragon hiding in there.)

I stole this answer from Christine, because I wouldn't have thought of it otherwise, but I'd want to go to Neverland too! First of all, I'd get to FLY, which would be AMAAAZING. And there are also mermaids there, so that's another win. After hanging out with Peter Pan for a little while, though, if possible I'd like to shrink down to fairy-size and go hang out in Pixie Hollow with Tinker Bell and her friends. (I adore the Tinker Bell movies and Pixie Hollow is a cozy little dream.)

And finally, I can't leave without going to Auradon (from the Descendants movies). Hanging out with Mal, Evie, Carlos, and Jay would be a blast and hopefully I'll get to join in a dance number along the way.

5. Congratulations! You are a fantasy hero/heroine about to start your adventure. You get to choose a small fantasy creature to accompany and assist you on your quest. Who/what do you choose?

A SMALL fantasy creature? So, not a dragon? *sad*

What's your definition of small, though? Because I might choose a pegasus as they're smaller than dragons buuut... I'm probably supposed to go smaller than that. xD Ooh, how about a fairy? Because I'm pretty sure Tinker Bell would make a fantastic adventure buddy.


6. Elves or dwarves?

Elves! Sorry, Gimli, I love you, but given the choice I'd hang out with elves before dwarves. (I mean, look at how the unexpected party ate all of Bilbo's food! Elves would never do that. Although the dwarves did clean up afterwards...)

7. Do you prefer your dragons (we had to have at least one question devoted solely to dragons!) good or evil or a mix of both?

I mean, yeah, evil dragons are awesome, but who wouldn't prefer having a dragon as a friend rather than an enemy? Look at Toothless. Or Eustace. Or, hey, Mal. Hehe.


8. World building is a complicated undertaking full of many details. As a reader, what is a small detail you really appreciate seeing when it comes to diving into a new realm? What is something that helps you lose yourself in a fantasy world?

I think one of the things I most appreciate are the creatures. I mean, they really make a fantasy world, don't they? What would Narnia be without gryphons, dryads, centaurs? I love when the creatures in a fantasy story are so iconic to that story that they sort of recreate everyone's mental image of that creature.

And original creatures never hurt, either! Creating your own can make them stand out in your story even more.

9. You have been transformed into your favorite fantasy creature. Problem is… you’re still in your own bedroom and your family is downstairs, completely unprepared for this shock. What creature are you, and how (if at all) do you break the news to your loved ones? (Or how do you get out of your 
room?)

I hate to use the generic answer of dragon, but, well, if I were to pick a very favorite fantasy creature, I'd feel wrong not to say dragon. So, dragon it is.

I'm not going to be getting of my bedroom door, that's for sure. And I'm probably going to have some repairs to take care of, because you can bet before I tell anyone I'm a dragon I'm going to be busting out the window (and taking a good chunk of the wall with me) and going for a good fly. You know, just in case my parents insist that I get help and get turned back into a human. Gotta get that flying in first.

And it seems like this isn't something to ease someone into slowly, so I guess when I get back from my flight I'll just land outside the living room window and stare inside at my parents until they notice me. And then tell them I'm their daughter. That ought to get the message across.



What a fun tag! Aaand now for the tagging of other people! Weeelll, I hate to be one of those people who breaks the rules, but here we are. Therefore, if you're reading this and want to do the tag, CONSIDER YOURSELF TAGGED BY ME. You're welcome. Here are the questions:

1. In a strange twist of fate, you are transported into a fantasy realm of your choice. The catch? You have also been transformed into your least favorite fantasy creature. Where are you, and what are you
2. What fantasy creature do you wish featured in more stories? What is your favorite story that has that creature in it?
3. As you are reading this, a voice rings in your ear proclaiming:
A hero true, a leader strong,
A quest is where you do belong,
So arm thyself, and take your stand
With an item to your left your fate is at hand.

Besides the fact that this prophetic voice is clearly incapable of sticking to a meter, what ordinary item do you now find yourself armed with? (And, for bonus points, what helpful magical properties does it now possess that will help you on your quest?)
4. You happen across an ad in a catalogue promising a magical fantasy cruise that will allow you to stop in any three realms of your choice and explore each for several days before returning you home (and the ad promises your safe return or your money back, guaranteed!) Assuming this is not a hoax and that the tour guides will actually be able to cater to your requests, what three realms will you tour and what do you hope to see/who would you like to meet along the way?
5. Congratulations! You are a fantasy hero/heroine about to start your adventure. You get to choose a small fantasy creature to accompany and assist you on your quest. Who/what do you choose?
6. Elves or dwarves?
7. Do you prefer your dragons (we had to have at least one question devoted solely to dragons!) good or evil or a mix of both?
8. World building is a complicated undertaking full of many details. As a reader, what is a small detail you really appreciate seeing when it comes to diving into a new realm? What is something that helps you lose yourself in a fantasy world?
9. You have been transformed into your favorite fantasy creature. Problem is… you’re still in your own bedroom and your family is downstairs, completely unprepared for this shock. What creature are you, and how (if at all) do you break the news to your loved ones? (Or how do you get out of your room?)

While we're spreading the fantasy love this month, may I recommend another fantastical tag for you to take part in? The Hobbiton Tag is a tag created by yours truly, and though I started it up a few months ago I'd still love to see you take part and get it out there into Fantasy Month! Never the wrong time to talk about Lord of the Rings. ;)

Also, on an unrelated note... on the day I post this... I'M WATCHING ENDGAME. *screams forever*

You should know that Infinity War broke me. (Like, literally, I'm broken. *tries to talk* *twitches*) And then that endiiiing of Ant-Man and the Wasp???? SOMEONE ASSIST MY PRECIOUS SCOTT. RIGHT NOW.

But, well, that's a tangent for another time. For now let's just wrap this post up and go on with our lives. xD

What's your favorite fantasy creature? Did anyone else watch H2O: Just Add Water and if so, did it make you want to be a mermaid, too?? Let's just have a good ol' fantasy talk!



11 comments:

  1. This is a fun tag! I love your choice of Narnia because it is the best! Yes, dragons as your friends are better because you don't have to worry about being burnt to a crisp. XD

    ENDGAME!!! Eeep!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Narnia will probably always be my favorite fantasy world! <3 Lol, very true. xD

      !!! *screams*

      Delete
  2. YOU DID THE TAG. YAY!!! And I looooved reading your answers!

    ALWAYS yes to Narnia. Always. And Middle-earth and Neverland too OF COURSE. My faves. <333

    Oh man, harpies are CREEPY. Normally I am allll about winged creatures but...ugh. Harpies just give me the heebie jeebies. They're so weird!

    I HAVE seen H2O! Shamefully, only the first few episodes... Somehow I never finished it, but I should. It was cute!

    Okay, but a magical teleporting chair sounds like the COOLEST, mot convenient item in the history of ever and now I really, really want one!

    Tinker Bell as a companion! AAAHHHHH! That would be AMAZIIIING!!!

    I love that basically every person who has done this tag has chosen dragon for the last question. We're ALL dragons. We should start a dragon club. XD

    OH MY GRACIOUS. You're watching Endgame! *also screams forever* Yes, Infinity War and the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp and then Endgame just...just... *screams longer than forever* I think that year between the release of Infinity War and Endgame was the longest year of my life. SO MANY FEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harpies are like disgusting flying demons. xD

      Ooh, yes, you should finish H2O! It's cheesy but it's one of my favorite shows. <3

      YES TO A DRAGON CLUB. I'm in. xD

      *joins you in screaming longer than forever* HOWWWW DID YOU EVER MANAGE TO WAIT A WHOLE YEAR BETWEEN INFINITY WAR AND ENDGAME. I only had to wait 2 weeks and I almost died. xD BUT YES. SOOOOO MANY FEELS. SO MANY. *cries*

      Delete
  3. OH MY WORD this is such a fum tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool tag! ;) I like Dragons to be good.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean who wouldn't want a dragon on their side? ;)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic answers! Neverland would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no not a harpy! XD Ooo yes! A fairy companion would be awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete