Saturday, March 14, 2020

THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE TAG!

Am I doing a Marvel post two weeks in a row?

Why, yes I am.

Because funny story. After I finally watched Endgame, I went back and read all the Marvel-related posts I'd been avoiding for a year. Including Nicole's. And, oh look, she tagged me for the Marvel Cinematic Universe Tag and I had no idea because I didn't read her post because I was terrified of spoilers. xD (You gotta understand that at the time the newest movie I'd seen was Age of Ultron. So it wasn't just Endgame I was missing out on.)

But, well, here I am making up for lost time except I'm not because I was literally tagged almost a year ago and finally doing the tag! Thanks, Nicole! xD

(spoilers for the Marvel movies to follow!!)



Guidelines
Feel free to include the above graphic somewhere in your post (but it’s definitely not necessary). 

Take the questions and answer them on your blog (or social media or wherever!).

Tag up to 5 other Marvel fans!

All right, here we go!

1. How were you introduced into the MCU fandom?

My brother! We were super late to the game, but I think it was around the year Avengers came out that my family finally jumped on the bandwagon and watched all the Marvel movies. I don't know if there was a reason other than just that we like superheroes. xD But my brother was the first one to watch them and bring them to the rest of us.

2. What’s your favorite Marvel film?

Oh, dear.

Okay. So, Captain America: The First Avenger will forever be the nearest and dearest to my heart (World War II!! Steve!! Peggy!!), and just in general I would have to say that it's my favorite. BUT it's kind of hard to compare that to other movies such as The Avengers or Endgame, because they just literally explode awesomeness all over your screen.

So, this is kind of a tough question to answer. Because I feel like to be fair you have to split the movies into two categories: "single" movies (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Ant-Man, etc) and "group" movies (Avengers, Infinity War, Guardians of the Galaxy, etc.). You feel me?
*is totally overcomplicating this answer* *by like a lot*

But, well, anyway. How about a top 3 instead?? Which would probably be Captain America, The Avengers, and Endgame. There you go. xD

3. Top favorite Marvel character?

THIS ONE IS EASY AND WILL NEVER CHANGE. STEVE ROGERS FOR THE WIN. CAPTAIN AMERICA, I LOVE YOU.

YAASSSSS

4. If you were transported into the MCU and had to trade places with one of the superheroes, who would you choose?

Does Peggy Carter count as a superhero?

Dude, I don't know. Some of these guys have some pretty rough lives. xD Like, I was going to say Thor because Asgard is awesome, but... Asgard is also No More. So.

Instead I'll go with Spiderman, because A: he's closest in age to me, B: he's got a slightly more normal life than some of the others, and C: he's still alive. XP


5. What are some of your favorite quotes from the films?

OH YES. QUOTES ARE MY THING. HERE WE GO.

"I want one."

"Pepper Potts."

-Iron Man 2

"Another!"

-Thor



"I can do this all day."

-Captain America: The First Avenger

also Civil War

also Endgame xD

"Well, you're not wrong."

"I understood that reference."

"Doth Mother know you weareth her drapes?"

-The Avengers


"Some move on, but not us. Not us."

-Endgame

One last bonus one:

"I'm not from Earth, I'm from Missouri."

-Infinity War

SOLELY including this one because I live in Missouri. xD yeah it's my luck that the superhero i get 
to claim is the one that was partially responsible for the snap

And sooo many more that I know for positive that I'm forgetting. But most of these I actually do quote regularly, so. xD

6. Which crew would you want to be part of the most: Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, or Revengers?

Oh, the Avengers. No doubt about it. CAPTAIN AMERICA. HELLO, PEOPLE.

7. Favorite and least favorite ship?

Favorite: me and Steve PEGGY AND STEVE. PEGGY AND STEVE. DID I MENTION PEGGY AND STEVE? ALSO DID I MENTION THIS?


HI YES STILL NOT OVER THIS BYE

Least favorite ship? Uh, yeah. WANDA AND VISION. I'm sorry to those of you who may ship them, but... he's not human. She's basically dating a computer. This is like if Tony was to dump Pepper for Friday. I'M SORRY BUT NO.

8. Favorite and least favorite villain?

This is another hard question to answer, because this question could be taken two different ways: The villains I find most/least likeable, or the villains that I actually think make the best/worst villains. Like, I don't like Thanos AT ALL, but he's a great villain, you know? A better villain in my opinion than Loki, who I actually LIKE more. yup this is me  the queen of overcomplicating things

SO. We'll just answer both ways. My favorite villain for likeability? Well, obviously Loki. My favorite villain for general villain-ness? It would have to be Thanos.

Now, least favorite?? *tries to remember all the forgettable villains* Oh, hey, well, this guy wasn't forgettable, but I hated Killmonger. He just had one of those attitudes that makes me want to see him get beat up by a little girl. Or pre-supersoldier Steve Rogers.

Go away.
BUT he was also a good villain. So, for villain-ness, I'd have to say Whiplash from Iron Man 2. I mean, he had cool whips (HAHA COOL WHIP I DIDN'T EVEN MEAN TO MAKE THAT PUN), but I just didn't care about him or his backstory. At all.

9. Unpopular MCU opinion?

Thor: The Dark World was actually good?? Yes, it was far from the best. But I really don't get why people hate it so much.

10. What’s your favorite Stan Lee cameo scene?

Okay, so I looked them all up (because my memory is terrible oops) and I thiiink it would be between these two:





XD These two are total opposites and it's hilarious. I guess we can assume he's playing the same character who's just gotten a whole lot smarter since 2012.


I'm not tagging anybody because even if I did follow rules I'm already a year late to doing this tag so
what's the point. xD *insert generic mass tag for whoever wants to do it*

But anyway, that was so much fun! And a perfect way to follow up my Marvel marathon. Maybe now I can step away from the screeching about Marvel and talk about other things. *shrug* Maybe. *resists the urge to say some move on but not us* *not us*

I hope you all are having a great Saturday! My family and I had plans tonight, but we decided to skip braving the crowd because of current #situations. I'm disappointed but not, you know? I had asked off work early for our plans, so now this just means more time at home. #notcomplaining

If you're stuck at home due to the virus, enjoy your extra time for reading/writing/whatever! Stay safe, everyone, and remember that God is in control!

All right, guys, what's your favorite Marvel movie? Do you agree that Wanda and Vision's relationship is creepy? xD And who else likes Thor: The Dark World? LET'S TALK ALL THE MARVEL THINGS because we didn't do enough of that last week!!!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, YOU DID MY TAG. I practically forgot I had even MADE this tag, and then I see this post on my dashboard and am like wait...that's one of my graphics? :O It got me way too excited. XDDD BUT AAAAHHHH!!!! All these thoughts were fantastic!

    The "me and Steve" thing for question #7 cracked me up. XDDD And, okay, but I'm not a huge Wanda-Vision shipper either??? Like...I kind of like them but it also kind of creeps me out so YEAH. Vision's whole character is just...weird. I DON'T KNOW. He's cool and all, but it's WEIRD. It's almost like he's a god...created from a computer...and now dating a young woman? It just gets REALLY disturbing the more you think about it SO YEAH. I get you on that one! "This is like if Tony was to dump Pepper for Friday." <--- This killed me. XD IT'S KINDA TRUE THOUGH.

    And oh my goodness, I liked Thor: The Dark World toooo! I actually thought it was a LOT of fun. Sure, there's better movies, but I don't feel like it deserves the hate it gets.

    Thank you for sharing all your delightful Marvel thoughts! I will NEVER get tired of talking Marvel things. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww well I'm glad I gave you a nice surprise xD

      Dude YES their relationship is just... weird. I love both of them, but like... I wasn't actually expecting them to be a thing and it's just wrong. xD

      Yayyy twins! I mean, Darcy, the intern, Loki, and everything-- how could people not like it? xD

      And thank YOU for this lovely tag! WE CAN JUST FLAIL ABOUT MARVEL FOR ETERNITY TOGETHER.

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to do this tag for forever! Just a few more movies and then I can. :) Just reading your posts always make me really appreciate Cap. <3 I agree, Wanda and Vision are a little weird. I mean, I know that it was hard for her in Infinity War, but he's a computer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you do it! Wait, my posts make you appreciate Cap? MY WORK HERE IS DONE. XD Just kidding. Sort of. Yeah, the whole sacrifice scene was great and all for what it was... but just... no. This is weird. Just no.

      Delete
  3. STEVE AND PEGGY

    STEVE AND PEGGY

    STEVE AND PEGGYYYYYYYYYYYY

    That is all.

    xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read TWO blog posts by you today about the MCU and you've just got me full of feels for this fandom today, girl. MY HEART. <333

    I love your answers. One of my favorite quotes is "I love you 3000." *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Thor the Dark World too, I don't know why so many people hated it.
    Great answers!

    ReplyDelete