Thursday, August 29, 2019

AUGUST 2019

GUYS.

GUYS GUYS GUYYYYYYYYYYYS.

IT'S. ALMOST. SEPTEMBER.

*cue week-long screaming*


Y'all should know by now how much I stinking LOVE FALL and I am SO PSYCHHEEEED because it's almost heeeeere!! do I have an unhealthy love for fall? not at all. I would just live in it forever and not bother with anything else and be happy.

BUUT ANYWAY. I'll try not to shriek too much in this post. (We'll save that for the next monthly wrap-up. xD) For now I'll focus on August and the things that happened therein!

READING


This month I read Anchor in the Storm by Sarah Sundin, the second book in the Waves of Freedom series. Remember how last month I only read one book and it was the first book of this series? Well, this one was pretty much the only book I read this month. xD It's not that I'm not enjoying them. Really. I'm just STRUGGLING right now, okay?? (Also at the time of writing this I'm reading the third book, so we'll see if I actually finish it before September. I'm going to try my hardest because I want to start fresh and read ALL THE AMAZING BOOKS in FALLL.)



WRITING

I sadly didn't get a lot of writing done in my WIP Fall Into Time this month, like I'd hoped. I was going strong at the end of Camp NaNo last month and I wanted to keep going and finish my draft. BUT I think I'll be able to jump right back in in September, AND I have been writing other things! If you read last week's post you probably know that I'm going to have a story published in Havok next month. I've been having fun getting back into writing short stories like I used to do when I was younger.

LIFE

The first week of the month Descendants 3 premiered, which was fantastic and I'm kind of still reeling from it. I'm still trying to decide if I want to write a review on that, but for now you guys can go read my post I wrote about why the Descendants trilogy is so important to me.

I had a sleepover night with my best friend who hadn't seen the third Descendants yet and we watched ALL THREE MOVIES in one night! We ate pizza and made brownies and stayed up WAYYYY too late and it was fantastic. I forgot to make sure the DVD was in the box when I brought it, though, and after we'd watched the first two movies I opened it up and no DVD. I had left it in my DVD player at home and while my house is only like 5 minutes down the road, it was after midnight so I couldn't go back and get it.  Well, we weren't gonna stop there, sooo I had to BUY the thing on YouTube. I was so mad. xD But watching all three movies back-to-back was pretty awesome and now I kind of want to do it again. o.O

So much love for these guys AND THIS NUMBER.
I finished watching Lord of the Rings with another friend, and OH MY HEART. That ending just gets me every time. *cries*




Yes, they get TWO gifs.

I got a letter this month from the young girl I sponsor from the Philippines, and it just warmed my heart. She was telling me about some things she was doing in school, and she said this:

"I know I will be able to reach my goal. I want to make you and my parents proud of me. This is not impossible because I have a sponsor like you who has a big heart to help me reach my dream."

This made things so real. Like, I am making a difference in somebody's life across the WORLD, who I've never met. And she is telling me how she wants me to be proud of her?? I was seriously so humbled and touched.

BLOG




GUYS. "ohmygoshisshegoingtostarttalkingaboutfallagain"

THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU'LL READ A NEW POST ON THIS BLOG WITH THIS DESIGN.

As you might know (because I've talked about it like eight times) my blogaversary is September 1 and I'll be posting my Q&A vlog AND debuting my new blog design that day! Eeeep, I'm so exciteddd! :D Wish me luck and say a few prayers that I'll be able to get everything up and running smoothly. :)

How was your August? Any plans for September? WHO WANTS TO BE EXCITED FOR FALL WITH ME???

18 comments:

  1. CONGRATS ON YOUR BLOGOVERSARY!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! HAPPY ONE YEAR!!!!

    (I’m pretty sure I’ve already told you that 5000 times but will I stop? Nooooope. XD)

    Hope you have an awesome September, Emily! (And an awesome fall! I hope you don’t get fall allergies.....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOUUU I'M SO EXCITED TOO!! (Don't worry. Say it 1000 more times. I don't care. xD)

      I hope you have an awesome month too, Nicole! <3

      Delete
  2. I only read one book this month. It was a good month for me but I don't really want fall to come cuz that means about winter here. :-
    Have a great September! Can't wait to see the new look.

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But winter's so great too! At least I think so. xD

      Thank you, Rakayle!!

      Delete
  3. AAAHH. I love the "Chillin' like a Villain" song!!! It is awesome. Hey, movie marathons are so much fun! I have yet to watch LOTR (I've only seen FotR), and I really want to! I hope that you have an excellent fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESS CHILLIN LIKE A VILLAIN IS SO GOOD! Oh my goodness, you HAVE to watch the other LOTR movies! They're my favorites!

      Delete
  4. Can't wait for your blogoversary and the new blog design! I'm sure it will be fantastic. :D

    Well done on being published by Havok, eeeeppp that's so amazing! Have a wonderful fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new design is going to be so much -- happy early blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister bought Descendants 3, and I've seen bits and pieces of it, but haven't had a chance to actually sit down and watch it through ;p

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you get a chance to watch it! It's really good. :)

      Delete
  7. I. Am. So. Excited. For. FALL!!!!

    You're getting published in Havok. OH MY WORD THAT'S SO EXCITING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for fall too!
    Congrats on Havok!!!

    ReplyDelete