Thursday, August 1, 2019

JULY 2019

JULY. Or, the point at which the year is officially more than halfway over.

Also the second point at which some of us crazies decide to write a book. (And we're not done yet! Hehehe... hehe... *looks pointedly at November*)

ALSO THE POINT AT WHICH PEOPLE LIKE ME REALIZE THAT FALL IS REALLY REALLY CLOSE AND AHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!

I'm gonna go scream in a corner with a sweater and a cup of coffee and you guys can read this monthly wrapup post until I get back. xD


READING

Oof, it was another rough reading month. I actually didn't realize how awful it's been until I wrote this post, but I only read ONE book this month. *is ashamed* That book was Through Waters Deep by Sarah Sundin.

*WILL get through this reading slump in August*

WRITING

Camp NaNoWriMo, y'all! And I won!!


This month I worked on Fall Into Time. My goal was only 20k, but I got into a really good writing groove, which I feel really good about! I was doing some HARDCORE pantsing, though, and my characters hate me for it. Seriously, I just keep plowing on through by doing awful things to these people. xD I feel like I'm getting somewhere with this story, though, which I've been struggling with since I started back on it a couple of months ago. And these characters... *cries* They're so precious.

I also wrote a flash fiction that I really liked... I submitted it somewhere, but if it doesn't get accepted, I might share it with you guys sometime in the future. If you'd be interested in that. ;)

LIFE

So there was the Fourth of July, which was good. Just a typical, chill celebration at home for us, ending with me and my three adult siblings out in the yard playing with sparklers. *shrugs*

And then there was the Fifth of July, which is indeed not a holiday BUT the day when I backed my car into a truck when leaving work!


Yeah, that was NOT a good day. Don't worry, everything's fine and my car's already been fixed. But UGH. I just cringe thinking about it. *dies*

I started watching Lord of the Rings with a friend of mine who's NEVER SEEN THEM and UGHHH I love these movies SO MUCH. I love them more every time I watch them. I just can't even explain it.

Actual footage of me with the Lord of the Rings movies
Aaaand the monthly picture of my son dog! (I'm a parent, guys. You're getting a monthly picture until he's at least a year old.)


You can't exactly tell how HUGE he's gotten here, but look how cute he is. xD

My family has started the journey through the Marvel Cinematic Universe, beginning with Agent Carter and going allll the way to Endgame.


I still haven't seen Endgame (or a bunch of the movies leading up to it) and I'm so scared.

BLOG






So.

You guys.

My blogaversary is coming up ONE MONTH FROM TODAY.


And that means EXCITING THINGS!!

First of all, this blog is going to get a makeover! I don't love my color scheme anymore; I just find it hard to coordinate with all my post graphics and things like that. And I want my blog header to be not just a stock image, but something uniquely my own. So look forward to the big reveal coming September first!! (It's not my regular posting day but I want to do it on my official blogaversary.)
Aaand there's more!


To celebrate, my blogaversary, I'M DOING A Q&A!!!

AND IT'S GOING TO BE A VLOG!!


Surprise!!

So I'm going to leave you guys here and let you give me allll your questions! They can be about anything-- writing, books, me, my life, my dog, WHATEVER. Ask as many as you want and I can't waiiiit to answer them!

That's it for today! I can't wait to share my new blog design and Q&A with you, and I hope you have a great August!


How was your July? Any big plans for August? Did you do Camp NaNo and if so, how'd you do? And don't forget to leave your questions for me in the comments!

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching your Camp NaNo goal!! *throws confetii* It's always amazing to get into a writing groove. And I'm so excited for your blogoversary, I can't wait for the Q & A and to see what you come up with!

    My July was... madness. For some reason I decided it would be a good idea to try to write a whole novel this month. And I did! It ended up being 86K and I'm in shock over how on earth I got it done. xD

    Here are my questions for the Q&A!
    1) What's your favourite part of the writing process?
    2) What are three fantasy books you recommend?
    3) Which of your characters is most likely to attempt to murder you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I can't wait for you guys to see it. :D

      Oh my goodness, 86k in a month?? That's amazing! And kind of insane. But mostly amazing. xD

      Thanks for the questions! :D

      Delete
  2. Um, don’t mind me screaming that YOU'RE DOING A Q&A VLOG!!!! *excited dancing* Here are a few questions:

    - If you could describe yourself in three characters, who would they be?
    - Current favorite songs?
    - Favorite type of chocolate? (Milk, dark, etc.)
    - If you could learn any language, real or fictional, what language would it be and why?

    I hope you have an amazing August, Emily! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU WERE PARTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS MY FRIEND XD

      Great questions! I hope you have an amazing month, too! <3

      Delete
  3. Oh how could you hate July??? It's seriously the best month of the year.
    I guess I'll forgive you.

    Love blogs growing older!!!

    Questions:
    1. What is something you're afraid to do but really want to do?
    2. Is there anybody out there that shouldn't write in your opinion?
    3. What makes people click?
    4. What was one of the first blogs you started reading?
    5. How did you come about to be blogging?
    6. What have you learned being a blogger?

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't HATE July, but summer happens to be my least favorite season so at this point I just end up wanting to rush it and get into fall already. xD I'm glad you forgive me, though. ;)

      Ooh, all great questions! Can't wait to answer them! :D

      Delete
  4. Your gifs are perfection. XD

    Oh, Endgame is so good!! I still haven't watched some (most) of the ones leading up to it, but I really wanted to see it in theaters.

    Yay! Blogoversary! Questions:
    What is your dog's name?
    Favorite Marvel character (so far)?
    What is a movie that you thought you'd hate, but ended up loving?
    What do you think of Descendants 3??
    If you could go into any fictional world, which one would it be and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I try. xD

      It's torture trying to avoid spoilers until I get there. o_o

      Thanks for the questions!!

      Delete
  5. A VLOG SOUNDS SO MUCH FREAKING FUN!!!!!
    Questions:
    What got you into the blogging world?
    How many siblings do you have?
    What is one fictional character you relate to the most?
    Your first memory?
    The last text you sent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH I KNOW I'M SO EXCITED TO DO IT!

      Looking forward to answering your questions!

      Delete
  6. Oh, can't wait for the vlog!

    Here are some questions:
    If you went to your wip books world would you survive?
    Favorite part: writing editing or plotting?
    Proudest writing moment?
    Some YouTube channels you recommend?

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on winning Nano! Lotr is the best! A vlog sounds awesome.

    Favorite snippet of your writing?
    Favorite book character?
    Favorite movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, LOTR is amazing!!

      Thanks for the questions!

      Delete
  8. Yay!!! Congrats on winning Camp NaNo!! Also congrats on your upcoming blogiversary, and I'm looking forwards to seeing what your new layout's going to be!

    If you had to pick:
    -flowers or trees
    -yellow or gray
    -writing or reading

    Hanne || losingthebusyness.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE VLOGS SO SO SO MUCH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED! Happy blogoversary!!

    My reading wasn't great in July either. :P I, also, plan to change that in August, though!

    1) What's the craziest/funniest thing your dog has done?

    2) Which is hardest for you to write: beginning, middle, or end?

    3) What's your favorite day of the week and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH ME TOO! Thank you!

      At least I'm not the only one. xD Here's to us having a read-y August!

      Delete