Saturday, February 13, 2021

HOW TO WIN YOUR BELOVED (a Very Serious List)


Happy Valentine's Day, guys!! Of course, it's not until tomorrow, but it's never too early to start celebrating, right? Spread the love and all that. 

Of course, it seems every year there's always some sort of talk about being single on Valentine's Day. (I personally say the less chocolate I have to share, the better.) But HAVE NO FEAR, because if you don't want to be single this February the 14th, I'm about to give you ALL THE TIPS YOU'LL EVER NEED for winning your beloved! (Of course, if you're wanting to win him by Valentine's Day... you're going to have to work pretty quickly. But you can do it. I believe in you.)

Well, we have no time to waste. On to the tips! (You can thank me later.)

HOW TO WIN YOUR BELOVED (a Very Serious List)



Make him stew.


The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, right? And I'm sure you're a very good cook, so absolutely nothing could go wrong. Make that stew, girl. Make it extra chunky. 

Make him your servant and require strict obedience.

Ask him to hand you stuff that's literally right in front of your face. Trust me, it's super charming and will make him absolutely SWOON. (Bonus: Push him down a hill at some point.)

Pursue a younger man.


Like... much younger. He'll think you're an angel and marry you when he's old enough. just for heaven's sakes don't let anybody tell him about darth plagueis

Steal his precious jewels. 


Like, believe me. You'll have him LITERALLY chasing after you. All the time. he might get kinda clingy though so beware of that 

Offer to overlook his criminal record in exchange for a road trip.


It'll make him fall madly in love with you and possibly sing to you. Heck, he might even give you a free haircut!

Lend him your horn.

He might need to call you again. 

If he dies putting a WWII plane in the water, WAIT. 

Don't marry someone else. Chances are he'll eventually travel back in time to be with you, and you don't want to be involved with some other guy when he does. (Trust me. DON'T. MISS. THE DANCE.)


And there you have it. I would suggest using at least three of these at a time to increase your chances... but for best results, absolutely put all of these into practice if you can. (Hey, you might even have a whole bunch of contenders lining up at your doorstep to be your Valentine's date! Then you can have your pick. If one of them is Steve Rogers, though... send him my way, please.)

If any of these tips work for you, let me know so I can congratulate you! All I ask in return for helping you win your true love is an invitation to your wedding. (You'll have me as the guest of honor, right?)


All right, guys. I hope you enjoyed this Very Serious List of ways to win your true love. xD Hey, maybe they all don't have a perfect track record, but... they mostly worked, right?? Besides, we don't do normal flirting around here. Nope, if we're shooting our shot, we're going all in. (if you get arrested for stealing someone's jewels, though... hey, don't blame me. it was just a suggestion.)

In all seriousness, I hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Day! No matter who you're spending it with, let it be a day to show your loved ones how much you care about them (and maybe eat some extra chocolate ;)). I'll be spending my Valentine's Day with my family, and topping it off with a sister movie night (complete with PIZZA!! and ICE CREAM!!). 

Have a great rest of your weekend, friends! ♥

Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day? Any tips to add to the list? ;D


22 comments:

  1. OH
    MY
    WORD.

    THIS POST IS GOLD.
    PURE GOLD.

    The "Heck, he might even give you a free haircut!" had me ROLLING. But literally every single one was just spot on. When you lay out all the romance in fandoms like this, it really makes you question everything. Like...these are the great romances we love??? If these girls can find their man in such, erm, unorthodox ways, there may be hope for me yet. ;D

    But seriously, this was absolutely everything and now I can't stop grinning!

    Happy Valentine's Day, Emily! I hope you have a lovely one. A sister movie night with pizza and ice cream sounds PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH THANK YOU!! Hehe, that's very true. And here we've just been "waiting for the right one to come along" all this time. XDD

      It was a fun night! :D Thank you so much, Christine! I hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day as well. <3

      Delete
  2. Okay, but how is this list so perfect??? Clearly this is what I've been doing wrong with my love life - if I could just lend a guy my horn, that would solve all my problems! ;)

    AND THAT LAST ONE KILLED ME. ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED ME. JUST . . . TOO GOOD. XD XD

    Happy Valentine's Day, Emily! I hope you have a great family day <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. Lend a guy your horn. I hear it has a 100% success rate. xD (first things first, though: do you HAVE a horn??)

      *grins* *but also cries* *and then cries some more*

      Thank you, Nicole! <3

      Delete
  3. I. LOVE. THIS. POST. When you think about it, there are some pretty weird ways to find a romantic partner in fiction, lol.
    It sounds like you're going to have a great Valentine's Day. Pizza and ice cream and a movie night? What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEP THANK YOU!! Hehe, there really are. xD

      Answer: Nothing. Nothing could be better than pizza and ice cream. ;)

      Delete
  4. Um, I AM DYING. You made me literally laugh out loud. Quite a feat!

    "Bonus: Push him down a hill at some point." <<*is dead*

    THE TANGLED ONE GOSH WHY IS THIS SO FUNNY.

    Have a lovely Valentine's day, Emily! Your plans sound like so much fun! I don't have any plans, except playing in the snow, and probably watching the second half of Age of Ultron for the second time in one week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY I'm glad it made you laugh!

      XD XD

      Those sound like PERFECT plans! I hope you had a lovely Valentine's weekend! :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE THIS!! This was hilarious lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking at that gif of Aragorn, I am now completely bewildered as to how his hair never ended up in his mouth?? Also Aragorn is evidence that pursuing a younger man sometimes works BETTER than stew. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ... okay that's a really good point and I will now think about that every time I watch that scene. xD And HA. See, the younger man trick works! xD

      Delete
  7. I do believe this is officially the best and most accurate Valentines' Day post of all time, yes ma'am. Personally... I will probably be in the, ahem, pursue the younger man category. Also, that last one though... OH HOW IS IT SO FUNNY AND SO EMOTIONAL AT THE SAME TIME?!!


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! ;D Haha, that doesn't surprise me... though you might want to remember to watch out for the Darth Plagueis thing. ;P

      I KNOWWW I STILL GET SO EMOTIONAL THINKING ABOUT IT. *weeps*

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is the best. I was laughing and fangirling at the same time! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best combination. xD Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  9. The sad fact that all of these worked somehow. XD
    Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This, THIS, is a riot! XD Absolutely hilarious, Emily! The Princess Bride one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is EPIC! I'M DYING over here! XD XD XD I was ready already cackling over that Aragorn gif but then the post just kept getting better and better! XDDD

    ReplyDelete