Saturday, May 16, 2020

#AWESOMEBLOGGERAWARD


Happy Saturday, everyone! I hope this week's been kind to you and, well, if it hasn't been, I'll join you in the corner with ice cream and coffee because #relatable. (I'm pretty sure customers have been purposely trying to make me mad and just be generally awful human beings this week. But it's fine.)

Nicole nominated me for the #AwesomeBloggerAward a while back (thank you, Nicole!) and I'm pretty sure that now it's the oldest in my pile of tags?? Who even knows. But we're doing it. xD

THE RULES:

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Tag your post with #awesomebloggeraward.
3. Answer the questions you were asked.
4. Nominate at least 5 bloggers and inform them of their nominations.
5. Give them 10 new questions to answer.

And here we go!


1. What’s your preferred method of planning (bullet journaling, Google Calendar, etc.)?

Y'all know I looove bullet journaling!! As you can probably tell by this post and this post. It's really the only planning method that's ever worked for me.

2. Favorite type of chocolate?

Dark chocolate all the way, dude!

3. What’s a trope that’s very overused, but you still like? (Your guilty pleasure, if you will.)

Uh... Most of them, I guess? I actually don't have a problem with most story tropes, as long as they're done creatively.

But I DO love childhood-friends-to-lovers. It's just so cute. I guess that would be my "guilty pleasure" (or one of them).

4. If you won $10,000, what's the first thing you would spend it on?

I would probably either pay off my car or get a new car. (As much as I'd like to spend it all on books... #adulting xD)

5. Who's your favorite YouTuber to watch?

WELL THAT'S A BROAD QUESTION NOW ISN'T IT. *goes to look at the list of 30+ channels I follow* Seriously, I follow such a wide variety of channels it's ridiculous. xD Buut I'll go with Nadine Brandes because I ADORE her videos and out of all the YouTubers I watch, her videos probably make me the happiest. (although maybe she doesn't count because she's an author more than she is a YouTuber? oh well)

6. Least favorite emoji?

That's easy. This one.


Yes. Please wipe its existence from the face of the planet. (I hate even having it here.)

7. Who was your first fictional crush?

LUKE SKYWALKER, BABY! #Luke4Life


8. What’s your MBTI personality type, and do you think it fits you?

INFJ! I've always doubted the accuracy of things like personality quizzes, but the one I took pegged me as an INFJ and I think it's pretty spot-on, if all the INFJ Pinterest posts are anything to go by. xD

But seriously, some of those INFJ things I read are spooky, like they came straight from my head.

9. Noodles or rice?

Noodles!!! PASTA IS LIKE ONE OF MY FAVORITE FOODS.

10. What is your opinion of the rating system of Goodreads?

My opinion is that every time I try to rate a book I stress myself out because WHAT IF MY RATING DOESN'T PERFECTLY DESCRIBE HOW I FELT ABOUT THE BOOK and WHAT IF PEOPLE THINK I LIKED IT MORE OR LESS THAN MY RATING INDICATES??

Short answer: I hate it. xD How can one's feelings about a book be truly summed up in so many stars??


NOMINATION TIME! I tag Christine, Faith, Rakayle, Melissa, and Skye. As always, if you're not interested or don't have time, no biggie! And if you've already been nominated... oops. xD

Here are your questions:

1. What's your earliest memory?
2. If you had to choose one of your top 3 favorite books to never read again, which one would it be?
3. Who's your favorite superhero?
4. Would you rather live in the mountains or by the ocean?
5. How many fictional characters can you think of who share your first name?
6. Cake is 10x better with sprinkles: yes or no?
7. What one color would you associate with your personal aesthetic?
8. Have you ever physically thrown a book because #emotions?
9. If you could bring one fictional character to life, who would it be?
10. What was your favorite drink as a child?


And there you go! Enjoy answering this random assortment of questions, if you so choose. *turns you all loose on the questions*

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! See you next Saturday!


ALL RIGHT GUYS what's YOUR opinion of sprinkles? (I think they're amazing and deserve to be piled on every cake and ice cream sundae in the world.) Are there any fictional characters that you share a name with? And how's your week been? PULL UP A CHAIR AND LET'S CHAT.


14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry work has been stressful for you! I've just never understood how so many people can be such rude, mean customers. Can we all just chill and be nice to one another??? Is it THAT hard? *shakes head* I do hope this coming week will be better. *HUGS*

    I loved reading all your answers to this! Childhood-friends-to-lovers is SUCH a great trope, yessss. I've actually been plotting a potential future novel with that trope 'cause it's just so delightful. I never get tired of it. ^_^

    PASTA IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE FOODS TOO. Just give me alllll the pasta-y things pleaseandthankyou.

    Oh my goodness, so I'm not the only one who stresses over rating things on GoodReads???? YES. LITERALLY EVERYTHING YOU SAID. I'm always like, but does this many stars REALLY account to how much I liked or disliked the book? Will people judge me for my star-rating? Is it 100% accurate???? Oh man SAME. I've always wished they had half star ratings. It'd help a little. ...Or make it more stressful, I don't know. XD But yeah, it makes me feel better I'm not alone!

    Thank you so much for passing this tag my way! I LOVE the questions you came up with! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. <3 I know, it absolutely blows my mind how easy it is for some people to treat others the way they do.

      Oooh, a potential future novel? With childhood-friends-to-lovers?? *greedy eyes*

      YES PASTA IS THE BEST.

      EXACTLY!! Half stars would be so great! It's just too much pressure to decide on a definitive rating for a WHOLE BOOK with five little stars. xD

      You're so welcome! :D

      Delete
  2. Luke being your first fictional crush made my day. XD He's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, yes, ratings are so stressful! I mean, there are books that I enjoy reading that I rate 3 stars because I need to leave 4 and 5 for things like Lord of the Rings and other epically awesome books? But then I worry that I'm being way too harsh? Hopefully I'll get over this at some point, I have an entire blog devoted to book reviews...


    samsbookshire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU JUST DESCRIBED MY DILEMMA EXACTLY. Like, some books that probably deserve a 5-star rating might not get it because nothing will ever surpass LOTR. It's a problem. DX

      Delete
  4. I loved all your answers!! Thanks for tagging me! I have done this tag before but there is always different questions... so I can do it a again. It's quite fun!
    I love pasta tooo! Oh, and I'm an INFJ too! I just took the test a little while ago and found out. Fun fun!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hey, you're right, I suppose someone could do this one a dozen times and it wouldn't really matter. ;D

      Oh, awesome! I feel like there are a lot of INFJs around the blogosphere! :D

      Delete
  5. Uggghhh yes rating books on Goodreads stresses me out too!! I get the same panicky thoughts. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH GOODNESS... I don't know how to answer the question about the sprinkles... 😂 I mean, on the one hand, they are CRUNCHY and therefore detract from the softness of the cake. But on the other, THEY MAKE THE CAKE SO PRETTY..... Um...??? I think I'll have to go with 'yes'. There is nothing better than a cake with pretty sprinkles. 😂

    Oh my word, I absolutely ADORE Nadine Brandes!!! She is like one of the sweetest humans alive. Her channel is amazing, too...

    I also KIIIIIINDA wanna steal your questions and do this tag because DUDE. YOU ASKED SOME AMAZING QUESTIONS HERE. But revealing my true pirate identity would be AWKWARD and therefore I shall resist. (Speaking of awkward, my brain is an absolute marshmallow and I can't for the life of me remember if I've commented on your blog before? But I've been lurking 'round here for a bit and ASDFGHJKL I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! And also hi?? I'm a new follower. Don't mind me. 😂)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know why I love sprinkles so much, but I do. xD You're right, sprinkles make a cake so much prettier!

      Nadine Brandes is AMAZING. <3

      Well you'd be totally welcome to stealing the questions BUUT I understand not wanting to reveal your pirateness. ;D Ohhh, I think maybe you HAVE commented before?? I can't remember either but I'm pretty sure. xD Either way, hi! Oh my word, thank you so much! <3 I'm so glad to have you! :D

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the tag! I'm an Infj too and I question it a lot, but it seems pretty accurate for me too. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad someone else relates to how much I hate THAT emoji. Blegh. Dark Chocolate and Luke Skywalker forever!!!

    ReplyDelete