Thursday, September 5, 2019

The 20 Question Book Tag!

Guess what?

THIS IS MY FIFTIETH POST.

Whoa. It really hit me as I wrote that how many that is. Like, I've actually written fifty posts. :o That's actually really crazy. Wow.

BUT ANYWAY. Today I'm doing the 20 Question Book Tag! Thank you for the tag, Nicole! :D

Also, I just want to say: MY Q&A IS COMING. At least if I can help it. Jeez, YouTube and I are not friends. But if I can ever win it over, the video IS coming. *dramatic sigh*


How many books are too many in a series? I haven't read a lot of long series, but maybe somewhere around six or so?? It really just depends on the series. The Chronicles of Narnia has seven books but it doesn't feel too long. I recently read the Oz series which had like twelve books and enjoyed it. So I don't really have a numerical answer for this one. xD But as soon as it starts feeling forced or stretched out, that's enough, dude.

How do you feel about cliff-hangers? I mean, how does any reader feel about cliff-hangers??? I love them, but they make me hate everything. So there's that. xD

Hardcover or paperback? Hardcover. There was a time when I would say paperback, and maybe in some cases I still would, but hardcovers are just so pretty. Plus I have this annoying habit of subconsciously bending the back cover and remaining pages of paperbacks when I'm reading them, so they'll make noise. xD

Favorite book? Are you kidding me? Well, my favorite book from this year is A Time To Speak by Nadine Brandes, and that's the best answer you're going to get.

Least favorite book? PARADISE LOST. Oh my goodness. I tried reading the thing for school and I couldn't make myself get through it. Maybe I'm just uncultured, I don't know. But that book made me SUFFER.

Love triangles, yes or no? Generally? No. Do them right/interestingly? Sure.

The most recent book you couldn’t finish? I didn't finish Marissa Meyer's Renegades just for some stuff I didn't personally like.

A book you are currently reading? Havok Season One: Rebirth.

Last book you recommended to someone? I think I recommended Melanie Dickerson's books to a friend of mine.

Oldest book you’ve read? (publication date) If I were going to count Paradise Lost, that would be it. But since I didn't finish it, I'm going to say A Christmas Carol. It was published in 1843, so as far as I know it's the oldest.


Newest book you’ve read? (publication date) Pretty sure this is The Orphan's Wish by Melanie Dickerson. I know, I'm super behind on all the new releases.

Favorite author? JUST ONE?? What is with these questions?? Currently it's Nadine Brandes.

Buying books or borrowing? Buying! *watches with glee as bookshelves fill up*

A book you dislike that everyone seems to love? Artemis Fowl. I just couldn't get into that one. I might try the rest of the series, though.

Bookmarks or dog-ears? Bookmarks! Hands off my precious pages!

A book you can always reread? The Farwalker's Quest by Joni Sensel.

Can you read while hearing music? Sometimes. Weirdly, if I'm listening to music with my earbuds in the car, I can still read, but if there's music playing somewhere in the house, I get distracted.

One POV or multiple POVs? I feel like most of my favorite books have just one POV, but then there's also Lord of the Rings which definitely has multiple POVs. So it's a toss-up on this one!

Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? *cries* I used to read books in one sitting. Then I got a job. :( Lately I haven't even been reading books over days. It's been more like over weeks. I've been suuuch a slow reader lately and I HATE it but I'm trying not to be too hard on myself. And also to read more. xD

Who do you tag?

Rakayle, Victoria, Christine, and Keturah!


Aaand here are the questions for your convenience:

How many books are too many in a series?
How do you feel about cliff-hangers?
Hardcover or paperback?
Favorite book?
Least favorite book?
Love triangles, yes or no?
The most recent book you couldn’t finish?
A book you are currently reading?
Last book you recommended to someone?
Oldest book you’ve read? (publication date)
Newest book you’ve read? (publication date)
Favorite author?
Buying books or borrowing?
A book you dislike that everyone seems to love?
Bookmarks or dog-ears?
A book you can always reread?
Can you read while hearing music?
One POV or multiple POVs?
Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days?
Who do you tag?

I HAVE MORE EXCITING NEWS.

Remember when I told you I had a story coming to Havok this month?? Well, I am BEYOND ecstatic to tell you that I have another story coming next month, too!!!


And not just that, but my story Higher will be on Havok on October 1, which means that IT'S THE FIRST STORY OF EIGHTIES MONTH!!

I'm so excited (and a little bit intimidated) that MY story will be the first one people will read in the eighties category! And I still can't quite grasp that I have TWO upcoming Havok stories. Whoa. I'm so happy and grateful.

ANYWAY. Thank you guys for reading and listening to me scream about my stories! I hope everyone's having a great month so far and enjoying the fallishness! Even though it's not cool yet where I live, you can bet I'm living for the pumpkin spice lattes and the fall candles. Gotta soak up every minute even if it is hot outside. ;)

Me, right now.

So how's your month going? What kind of fallish things are you doing? And feel free to answer a few of the above questions in the comments!


20 comments:

  1. The Chronicles of Narnia is my favorite series ever! Oh, and I just reread The Wizard of Oz so now I really want to read all 13 others. ;D What is your favorite book in the series (both TCoN and WoOz)?

    Yeah, I think I got 10 pages in Paradise Lost then couldn't handle it anymore. XD

    Congrats on being published on Havok again!! I can't wait to read your stories!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite Narnia book is definitely The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. And my favorite Oz book (I won't count The Wizard of Oz)... probably either The Marvelous Land of Oz or Ozma of Oz!

      Paradise Lost was painful. xD

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on fifty posts! And CONGRATS ON ANOTHER HAVOK STORY!! I cannot wait to read it October 1st!

    Oh, goodness, I have that habit of bending the pages too. 😬 It makes such a nice crackling noise, though . . . despite the fact that the noise is the glue. XD Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!

      Oh my word, seriously?! That's so weird that we have the same habit but it makes me feel a little better. xD

      Delete
  3. FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE WHO DOESN'T LIKE ARTEMIS FOWL. 😣😂

    Two Havok stories???? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH I'M JUST DYING TO READ THEEEEEEEEM.

    I need cold weather to come. It's too hot. :'( I need the leaves to turn brown and orange and red. I NEED SWEATER WEATHER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm kind of hoping I'll like the rest of the series better (if I read them)… but ehhh I don't really have high hopes. The first one just wasn't my cup of tea.

      I'M SO EXCITED AHHHHH THANK YOU

      Yes. Sweater weather NOW would be nice.

      Delete
  4. Yay for the 50th post! Fun tag. Thanks for tagging me!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh yes the "favourite book/author" questions are always torture haha. But LOVE Nadine Brandes too!! She's truly incredible eep. And I also love cliffhangers but hate them?? They are so mean??? SuUFFERING.😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss I love Nadine Brandes! And yeah, cliff hangers are like basically the worst and simultaneously the best. xD Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the new Havok story!!! I need to read some of Nadine Brandes books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 50 posts and publishing a new Havok story, that's so exciting!! *hugs* I'm with you about hardcovers; I used to prefer paperbacks, but hardcovers are gorgeous and last much longer! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youu! <3 Yeah, I used to prefer paperbacks all the way but now I love hardcovers.

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I'm so excited to read your havok story!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, happy 50th post!!!! *throws confetti*

    Secondly, THIS IS SUCH A FUN TAG. Thank you for passing it my way!!! I LOVE IT. Gonna definitely have to find a week to do this one. :D

    I loved reading your answers too. Huzzah for Nadine Brandes. Loooove her and her books!

    OH MY GOODNESS. YOUR HAVOK NEWS. EEEEEE!!!!!!!! CONGRATS. Now we get not one but TWO delightful Emily stories! THIS IS A HAPPY DAY! Cannot wait to read them both! :D

    Thanks again for tagging me for this! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      No problem! :D Yes, Nadine Brandes is the best!

      AWWWW THANK YOU SO MUCH CHRISTINE!! <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  10. Congrats on a fiftieth post and your story getting published! Those are big accomplishments! And thank you for the tag! There's so much greatness in this post!

    ReplyDelete