Thursday, September 12, 2019

Introducing THE HOBBITON TAG! (A Birthday Celebration!)

My dear Bagginses and Boffins, Tooks and Brandybucks, Grubbs, Chubbs, Hornblowers, Bolgers, Bracegirdles and Proudfoots...

Oh. Well, none of those people are probably reading... but hello and welcome!

This month contains a very special day for us fangirls and boys... September 22 is Bilbo and Frodo Baggins' birthday! And to celebrate, I created the HOBBITON TAG!


I wanted to do something special for Hobbit Day and a tag seemed like the best way to get other people involved in the celebration, too! (I know, I literally just did a tag last week, but this is a special occasion.) Of course, it's not quite September 22 yet, but I wanted to get this up earlier in the month so that we can celebrate all month long. (Obviously you're welcome to do the tag after September, too!)

This is unique type of tag, I think, with somewhat different questions. I wanted it to feel pleasant and homey, like you're living in the Shire in the middle of autumn (the 22nd is also the day before the first of fall!). Also, the questions aren't solely focused on Bilbo's eleventy-first birthday, but hobbits and Hobbiton in general. Basically a celebration of hobbits and their quiet, humble lives because FEELS.

Now hit play on Concerning Hobbits, try not to cry (or is that just me?) and have fun with the tag! I hope you all like it!


1. Please use the above graphic and link back to me!
2. Answer the questions!
3. Tag as few or as many people you'd like!

That's it! I'll share my answers to the questions first, then the blank questions will be at the end of the post.

1. You've invited Bilbo over for second breakfast. What are you serving? Some sort of comfort food! Maybe some homemade banana bread or cinnamon rolls. Perhaps some cooked fruit with cinnamon too, and of course coffee!

2. It's a nice, cozy evening in your hobbit hole. What kind of hot drink do you relax with? Coffee!

3. You have to invite either Gollum or the Sackville-Bagginses to your birthday party. Who do you choose? I'll have to go with Gollum. At least I could probably occupy him in a corner somewhere. I'm not big on the idea of having to hide my spoons.


4. Cold weather has settled into the Shire. Do you curl up with a sweater or a blanket? I'm a sweater/sweatshirt girl for the most part! If it's really cold, though, you can bet I'll be snuggled up with a sweater AND a comfy blanket!

5. Who would you rather go on an adventure with, Bilbo or Frodo? *starts to complain because this is a mean question*

*remembers that I wrote the questions*

Okay, listen, Frodo, I love you and all, but I'm going to have to go with Bilbo. I mean, look how excited he is!


6. You're stuck in your hobbit hole with a snowstorm outside. How do you spend your evening? Definitely reading, drinking coffee, and writing!


7. You're planning your birthday party. What's the entertainment: Gandalf's fireworks or Merry and Pippin's singing and dancing? Merry and Pippin's singing and dancing! They would really liven up a party and bring such a bright, carefree mood!

8. Of course as a hobbit, you prefer to go barefoot. But if you were the sort for such things, would you prefer fuzzy socks or cozy slippers? Lately I've been loving slippers. But I usually wear socks WITH the slippers, so. xD

9. Sam's brought you some of his autumn harvest! What do you make; pumpkin pie? Baked apples? Butternut squash soup? The options are endless! Aww, thank you Sam! This is why you're my favorite. I'm definitely going to make something with pumpkin; maybe a pie or a cheesecake.

10. It's a beautiful, crisp autumn day in the Shire. What are your plans for the day? Oh, so many possibilities. I'll go for a walk with my dog (even though I'm a hobbit now so Xander's almost as big as I am, whoops), sit outside and read... is there a coffee shop in Hobbiton? Because I'll definitely make a stop there.


Wow, I feel like I just took a stroll through the Shire. :') Excuse me while I weep in a corner because I've just made myself majorly emotional and I can't deal.

Anyway! Enough of that. I hope you all enjoyed this and have tons of fun with the tag! Since this is its first appearance, I won't tag anybody specific, but if you're reading this, YOU'RE TAGGED! And make sure you comment here (or on any of my future posts) with the link to your post because that will make my heart ridiculously happy.

1. You've invited Bilbo over for second breakfast. What are you serving?
2. It's a nice, cozy evening in your hobbit hole. What kind of hot drink do you relax with?
3. You have to invite either Gollum or the Sackville-Bagginses to your birthday party. Who do you choose?
4. Cold weather has hit the Shire. Do you curl up with a sweater or a blanket?
5. Who would you rather go on an adventure with, Bilbo or Frodo?
6. You're stuck in your hobbit hole with a snowstorm outside. How do you spend your evening?
7. You're planning your birthday party. What's the entertainment: Gandalf's fireworks or Merry and Pippin's singing and dancing?
8. Of course as a hobbit, you prefer to go barefoot. But if you were the sort for such things, would you prefer fuzzy socks or cozy slippers?
9. Sam's brought you some of his autumn harvest! What do you make; pumpkin pie? Baked apples? Butternut squash soup? The options are endless!
10. It's a beautiful, crisp autumn day in the Shire. What are your plans for the day?


Thanks for reading! Are you going to do this tag? Don't forget to leave me a link to your post so I can read it! And the important question: Does "Concerning Hobbits" make you want to cry, too? 


16 comments:

  1. I MUST DO THIS TAG. To heck with the theme on my blog, I’m doing it! Awesome post, Emily! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag!!!! I have to do it for sure xD I think I'd pick Bilbo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because I've figured out all of my posts for this month doesn't mean that I won't change it. I am so totally going to do this tag!! The soundtrack is really pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm glad! ;D Yes, I love the soundtrack so much!

      Delete
  4. Adorable tag AAAAAHHH. I'm putting it on my tag to-do list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This tag really does feel like fall, I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this tag! I would invite Gollum over the Sackville Baggins too! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, the Sackville-Bagginses are pretty awful. xD

      Delete
  7. I did it! Thanks for making such a fun tag!
    https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-hobbiton-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH YAYY!!! Thanks for the link, can't wait to read it! :D

      Delete
  8. Oh, this is such a lovely tag! I'd never noticed it before, but Hobbits are PERFECT FOR FALL!!! I might have to steal this one sometime soon!


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I think they are too! Definitely steal it, I'd love to see your answers!!

      Delete