Saturday, November 2, 2019

OCTOBER 2019

Well, October's over. A sad time for us fall-lovers, because it means that all the autumn goodness is fast drawing to an end.

BUT DESPAIR NOT! Because after fall comes something even more exciting: CHRISTMAS!

Basically my life is a constant cycle of alltheothermonthsoftheyear-fall-Christmas. But anyway. Have a summary of my October.



I read The Evaporation of Sofi Snow and Reclaiming Shilo Snow by Mary Weber. And honestly... I didn't really click with these books? Which I hated and felt really bad about (even though I know I shouldn't) because I know so many other bloggers and readers love them so much. But I don't know. I'm just not a hardcore sci-fi fan at heart, I guess.

I DID enjoy them, though! Don't think I didn't like them. The whole FanFight thing was really interesting, and it's always fun to see different authors' takes on futuristic worlds. I got a bit of a Star Wars vibe from these, what with all the crazy hair and such (lol), the Delonese, and the ice planet.
I also started Romanov. But we're not going to talk about that yet.

There's also this:




Well... You all know my goal was to finish the first draft of Fall Into Time this month. Yeah... that didn't happen. And to be honest I didn't really expect it to. I got wrapped up in NaNo planning (or, rather, not planning for NaNo) that I just couldn't devote much time to it. I did get a bit more work done on it, though, and realized I'm actually a lot closer to the climax than I realized and #Stuff really needs to start happening. xD And I AM hoping to finish the first draft in December. Maybe. I just think it would be really awesome to finish two drafts in one year (the first being Roots to Claim earlier in the year) after not previously having finished ANY.

And, as aforementioned, I did NaNo planning this month. A little. A very, very, little.


I went to an annual fall festival earlier in the month, which I've been going to every year for... gosh, probably ten years now? It's mostly just eating and shopping, but I love it just for the fallness of it. And the coffee. *heart eyes*

My parents and I decorated sugar cookies together. It was quite interesting. xD


I carved a Descendants pumpkin, although it's not that pretty. xD I don't have a picture of it yet (thought I did), but I'll try to add one later.

On Halloween I went to work dressed up as Peggy Carter.



I'm kind of obsessed with this, to be honest, and I wouldn't have taken it off all day if the clothes a) wouldn't have been a bit warm, and b) had belonged to me. xD

 On the blog this month:

http://theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com/2019/10/higher-im-wreaking-more-havok.html 
http://theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com/2019/10/september-2019.html




It's now November 2nd, which means two things:

Thanksgiving is THIS MONTH. WHAT :o

And WE'VE ALL SURVIVED THE FIRST DAY OF NANOWRIMO! Eeeep! I hope day one went fantastic for you, but if you didn't quite get as much written as you'd hoped, keep writing! :D
On the subject of NaNoWriMo, I'm hoping to bring you guys weekly updates for the month of November. We'll see how that goes. I'm also sort of experimenting with whether I want to post on Fridays or Saturdays, so bear with me for some possible erratic posting.

Here's to a great November! :D

How was day one of NaNo?!?! And, oh yeah, how was your October? xD Did you do any fun fall activities? Have you read the Sofi Snow duology? 


14 comments:

  1. Ahhh, cute outfit!!!!
    October was overall good. So many things to learn, so many things to learn, so many things ...
    But having fun, too.
    And just got back from the Black Forest, which was pretty ;)

    Hope your first day of NaNo was a blast!!!!

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      Ooh, Black Forest? That just SOUNDS amazing. ;D

      Delete
  2. Congrats on reaching your reading goal for the year!! *confetti* I feel a little bad saying I'm relieved that someone else didn't click with the Sofi Snow books, but I thought I was the only one! While I thought they were fun, I never really connected with the characters. :(

    Have a wonderful November! Go forth and conquer NaNo! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes!! I'm glad to see someone who feels the same way.

      <3

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm interested in seeing your Descendants pumpkin! And your costume is so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep forgetting to add the picture but I will as soon as I can! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Your costume is so cute! I loved Peggy!!! <3 I dressed up as Tonks from Harry Potter for a fall party and then as Thing Two from Doctor Sues for work. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Your Thing Two costume was so great. xD

      Delete
  5. Cute costume!

    October was fun! I took little siblings to a pumpkin patch. That was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I've always wanted to go to a pumpkin patch! I probably won't make it this year, but next year I'll have to make it a priority. I'm glad you had fun!

      Delete
  6. Great costume! I'm sad that fall is over too, but my brain does immediately jump to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, if it wasn't for Christmas being right after fall it would make the end of fall so much more depressing. xD

      Delete
  7. October was a good month. It already feels like winter here... I like the outfit and congrats on finishing your reading goal!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete