Sunday, November 17, 2019

NaNoWriMo: Weekly Update #2!

WEEK TWO OF NANO IS OVER. Which means that NaNo is halfway over. o.o WHAT. (it also means that this post goes up late. Hehehe. Hehe. Heh. *hides*)

This week of NaNo was a fun one! It didn't go quite as smoothly as last week did, I'd say, but I still enjoyed what I was writing. Although I know less and less what I want to be happening as the story goes on, what I do know (and the stuff I'm making up as I go along XD) is a lot of fun! Magic is starting to happen, and Trentley and Jynnia are still my favorite little darlings in the whole wide world.

Aaand here's the report!



I wrote four words. And I don't think I need to elaborate on that. xD

Word count: 4

This day was excellent! Sadly I wasn't able to take part in Double-Up Day, thanks to work. *sigh* Someday I'll be able to do that.

Anyway, I didn't get started writing until around nine or ten that night. I got to a little over 16k at 10:10 or so, and then I was like... I'm going to make it to 20k tonight. It was a completely ridiculous goal and I didn't really expect to hit it.

But I did!! I passed up 20k with ten minutes to spare. xD And this was my wordiest day so far. Also, I've begun torturing one of my characters, so it's getting fun.

I'm still kind of in awe that I've already come this far, actually, and with so much of the story to tell. (Usually I rush the story and run out of things to write long before 50k.) Like I said last week, I'm
moving faster than I ever have before; AND I haven't gotten stuck yet. Which is a milestone for me. :D

Word count: 4112

This was a Sunday, which really means that I should have gotten more writing done. But it actually meant that I spent very little time writing and didn't make my word count.

I was still ahead of my overall word count, though, so it's all good.

Word count: 958



This isn't my best week, all right? xD

This day I was feeling a little discouraged about some things and I just didn't feel like writing. Plus
I'd hit a bit of a snag in the story. I knew it was coming, so I was prepared. It wasn't even a big issue, just that slow part of the story where I get a little bit at a loss for what to write next.

Word count: 87



I was pretty determined to get to 25k on this day. So I wrote and wrote and worked through a slow part.

I came out over 25k. Yay! I'm still in a weird transitional part in the story, but I'm powering through. I'm learning that that's possible. What I'm writing right now might not make sense later, but I feel like this stage still helps me get a feel for the story, and even if I end up dumping literally everything I write later... it's still helping me grow myself and my story.

I made it past my goal for the day (25k, like I already mentioned)... then realized that if I wrote only 100 or so more words, this would be my wordiest day so far. So you can bet I did just that. xD
Also, I introduced a new character! She's kind of weird and totally unplanned, but I'm pretty excited.

Word count: 4132


Not my proudest moment.

Word count: 9




Okay, guys, NaNo is sucking my life force away. I WANTED to write this day. I had all day to pound out thousands of words if I wanted to.

But I was SO TIRED. I haven't been sleeping much lately, because I'm ridiculously irresponsible and have been staying up late to write when I have to be up at like 6 the next morning. Not smart. But, well, it's a thing that's happening.

Also... something very weird and extremely annoying happened today. I checked my total word count after writing 696 words and it only said I had written like 50 something words. ???? What ????

Apparently somehow I updated my word count wrong over one of the past couple days??? I have NO idea what happened but I'm going to blame it on my word counter. So, the last few days' word count may or not be correct. I don't know. But that's fine. xD (Except for yesterday. Yesterday I DEFINITELY only wrote 9 words.)

Anyway, although I didn't spend as much time writing this day as I could have (and should have), I did get a couple thousand words in.

Word count: 2261

Total word count for the week: 12220

Total word count for NaNo: 28116

Not as much as last week, but I still feel pretty good. I had a couple days where I barely wrote anything, but then there were other days that I went above and beyond my word count goal. What I'm the most proud of is how I've been pushing through and writing even when the scene is hard to write. And I don't just quit before I make my word count. Pretty much every time I haven't made it, it's been because I didn't write all day and I just didn't have time to write more than a few hundred words. But I never just gave up. Does that make sense? xD

Probably not. But anyway, I hope NaNo is going great for all you fellow psychos! Keep writing and even if you're not writing 1667 words a day or planning to hit 50k, you're still amazing!

All right, guys, so how did week 2 go for you? Have you written any exciting developments in your story (new characters, plot twists, anything)? Started torturing any characters yet? Lost your own mind? Let's talk about how insane we all are!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't get to do double up donation day, either. But it is so freaking awesome that you've had two days past 4000!!! That is so great! And yes, it is so important to push through and write the hard scenes, too. Today I realized that I was going to have to do a scene that I've been putting off. After moaning about it for five minutes, I got to work and when my time was up I realized that it's my wordiest day so far! :) I can't believe that we're over half way through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I don't know how I managed all those days like that, to be honest. xD

      Oh, that's awesome!! Sometimes when you write those scenes you realize they're not as hard as you thought AND they lead into something you've been looking forward to writing, so that makes it easier. :D

      Delete
  2. Wow great job on how much you got done! I sometimes have to have little days just to keep writing and that is just for ... most of my writng... :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, having days just for writing is a big help.

      Delete
  3. Good for you, pushing past that sticky part and not giving up! That’s one of the hardest things to get past in writing, especially when you’re trying to write QUICKLY like in NANO. Definitely, you should feel good for writing past that. It is totally an accomplishment worth celebrating!


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally one of the hardest things! I'm glad I've kind of conditioned myself to stick it out. Thanks!

      Delete