Saturday, June 6, 2020

MAY 2020


Well, we're a week into June already, and 2020's almost halfway over. Whaaat.

Thinking back on May, it seems it went by kind of slowly. Anyone else? (Then again, I suppose time's been going by slowly for a lot of people lately.) It was also kind of a weird month? I don't know. I was going to explain why it was weird, but I don't even know how to describe it, so. xD

BUT ANYWAY. Here we go: a summary of my May!


It was a great reading month! I didn't read much, but pretty much everything I read I loved.

Porch Swing Girl by Taylor Bennett- 4 stars
How We Rise by Brooke Riley- 4 stars
Dust by Kara Swanson- not yet finished hehe oops but it's either going to be 4 or 5 stars :P

I got my Stories That Sing anthology!! VERY VERY EXCITING. I still can't believe I have my own story on my bookshelf now. okay i'll shut up about it for a while now


Real talk time: I'm really frustrated with myself because I haven't been working on Roots to Claim nearly as much as I'd planned on. I've been procrastinating like a pro, and what drives me crazy is that it's not because I don't want to work on this story. I DO. I love it so much and I want so much to see it finished. But when I hit the slightest snag I get discouraged and give up for a few days. And of course y'all know a few days leads into even longer.

BUT hopefully I can get back into it this month, because like I said, I really want to see this story finished!

i also have some really cool news coming but i can't tell you yet

I made Star Wars cupcakes on May 4 because how could I not.

And blue milk because again, how could I not.
My sister started reading the Out of Time series for the first time and this conversation happened:


XD #ifyouknowyouknow

I started a YouTube channel! I've only posted one video so far but I promise I have another one coming soon!

What I've been listening to:



I made this playlist for a short story I wrote, and I've been listening to it a lot even after I finished writing the story. I mentioned before about how I was having trouble writing. Part of that was because I've had some rough days lately. I'd start feeling down, lose all my motivation, get emotionally exhausted, and as a result get creatively exhausted. But this playlist has helped. I especially love "You're Gonna Be OK." You should definitely listen to it if you've never heard it before.

I've also been listening to the Descendants soundtracks like my life depends on it because I watched D3 again recently and WOW I love those movies. xD

it's obnoxious how much I love them







It's been a weird month. At times it was hard, at times it was great. Your prayers are always appreciated. And I'm always praying for you guys!

I hope you've all had a great week and beginning to your summer!

So what have you all been up to?? How was your May? Any big plans for June/summer? What's your favorite song that gives you hope? 



11 comments:

  1. My May was rather crazy/disjointed, but good! I have basically no plans for June except catch up on my TBR, but that's already going quite well. In terms of uplifting/hope-giving music, I always love listening to One Voice Children's Choir and The Piano Guys--my uplifting music tastes are a little unconventional. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean catching up your TBR is already quite a feat xD That's awesome that it's going well!

      Oh, I've heard a lot about The Piano Guys! I really should watch some of their videos.

      Delete
    2. Their music is ah-may-zing, and their videos are really fun as well!

      Delete
  2. May actually went by fairly fast for me??? March and April were sooooo sloooOOOOOoowww, but May felt semi-normal speed-wise. It was definitely...a month though. Heh. Like you, some good days, some bad. Here's hoping for a brighter June!

    I want to read literally ALL the books you read!!! ESPECIALLY DUST. I CANNOT WAAAAIT TO GET MY COPY EEP. It looks amazing, and I am a HUGE Peter Pan nerd so yessss. ALSO THAT IS SO SPECIAL YOU HAVE YOUR COPY OF STORIES THAT SING. EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

    I'm sorry you haven't been making as much progress with Roots to Claim as you want, but I am of the firm opinion that right now we ALL need to be kind and gentle with ourselves. It's just a really tiring time, and some activities we normally do may be harder. I know I keep going through some TERRIBLE bouts of creative dryness. But this is just a season, and our stories will be there when it's passed. So do be kind to yourself when you need it. <333

    (But also I am suuuper curious about this news of yours. :O)

    Oh man, that convo with your sister about A Time to Die is HILARIOUS. Yep. She hasn't even made it to the truly painful parts yet. Eheheheh...heh... *sobs*

    Been praying for you, dear friend, and absolutely will continue to. I do hope your June proves to be utterly stuffed with lovely day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess Dust is so good!! I'm almost done with it and I LOVE it. :D I definitely think you'll like it too. And YESSS I'M SO EXCITED TO HAVE STORIES THAT SING IN MY HANDS!!

      "But this is just a season, and our stories will be there when it's passed." YES. That is so true. Thank you for that. <3

      (hehehehehe)

      Haha, so funny story, I was anticipating an aggressive text after she read That One Part, and I was sure she was going to be quite vocal about it... and then she was super chill about it when she got there. xD I was a little disappointed actually. XD

      Thank you so much, Christine! <33

      Delete
  3. Your Star Wars cupcakes and blue milk are awesome as well as what I can see of your bullet journal!!!! Bravo! Last month I rewatched the first Descendants (for the millionth time ;)) and now I've been wanting to refinish the series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! I forgot to mention it in my post, but it was my first time doing a theme in my bullet journal and it was a lot of fun! YESS I love Descendants so much. I could watch them way too much. xD

      Delete
  4. Okay, I cannot WAIT to read Dust - it sounds absolutely phenomenal, and I don't think I've heard a bad thing about it yet!

    Also, I totally feel you on lack of motivation to write. <3 <3 <3 Just take your time - you're doing fine! (and if you need anyone to word-sprint with, hit me up XD)

    I hope you have a fantastic June, Emily - and I hope we get to hear this special news of yours soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite done with it yet, but it's super good!!

      Thank you! <3 (HA you know I will XD)

      Same for you, Nicole! <3 Muahaha. xD

      Delete
  5. I've finally gotten some writing done. I understand about getting discouraged with a story. I've been taking a break from my other story.
    Have a nice June!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so exciting that you got a physical copy of your story! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete