Thursday, October 3, 2019

SEPTEMBER 2019

It's October!! *fall confetti* *which is just me throwing leaves in the air*

Fall is heeeere and the temperatures are starting to drop and your Emily is one happy little heart!!! *cue the long, emotional speech about how much I love fall*


Nahh, I won't bother you with that today. Today I'm just going to share with you the highlights and happenings of my September! So sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or tea or cocoa or blue milk or whatever), and enjoy!
Does it bother anyone else when you start a book in one month and finish it the next month? Like, in a perfect life I would start reading a book on the first of every month, and then finish my last book of the month on the last day of the month. I'm a perfectionist like that.


Anyway! The first book I finished this month was When Tides Turn by Sarah Sundin, so I FINALLY finished the Waves of Freedom series, which took me forever just because I was in such a reading slump. still am, tbh I also read Fawkes by Nadine Brandes! I really, really enjoyed it. I didn't love it as much as the Out of Time series, but I mean, let's be honest. There's not much I do love more. But Fawkes had great characters and an emotional ending, which, I mean, what else could you ask for?

I finished reading the Havok anthology, Season One: Rebirth! So fun reading all the stories by friends and fellow bloggers. :D

And I also started The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber. I haven't finished it because I've been reading SO, SO slowly lately, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Also, I got Romanov!! I haven't read it yet but I'm SO READY because I've just been so excited to read it. Also, I'm just so happy to finally own all of Nadine Brandes' books.


EEEP! SO PRETTY!
I'm really tired of saying I didn't do much writing. *rolls eyes* But sadly it's true again this month. I've been so focused on the two flash fiction pieces I wrote for Havok (did I say two? maybe I should have said three...;)), I haven't really been doing much work on Fall Into Time. BUT. I really, really, really want to finish the first draft before NaNo! (which is NEXT. MONTH. guys, NaNo is NEXT MONTH!!!) In fact, as I was typing that, I sort of just hardcore resolved myself to finishing it. And now I really, really want to do it.

So, wish me luck on that new, somewhat crazy goal. xD

As I already mentioned, I also had a story published in Havok!


The first Saturday of the month, I was the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding. I wish I had pictures buut, well, I don't. But I've known this girl LITERALLY since the day I was born, so being a part of her wedding weekend/ceremony was really bittersweet.

Fall officially began!! I decorated my room, and I want even MORE fall decor, but I don't have anywhere to put it. #problems xD
September 1st was my one-year-blogaversary!! And you all celebrated with me!

Also, hi, update: YES I FORGOT ABOUT MY Q&A. I'm still hoping to get it up. Don't kill me. I'm just a fragile little girl.

I think that's just about it! Overall my month was pretty good. (Unless you only want to count my excitement for fall in which case my month was FAAAANTASTIC)


Now for a few brief goals for October:

-Finish the first draft of Fall Into Time (honestly guys knock some sense into me for agreeing to this)

-Finish The Evaporation of Sofi Snow and read Reclaiming Shilo Snow (bonus: if I finish those, read
Romanov)

-Do a closet cleanout (I know that's super random, but this time of year I like to try to purge my summer clothes before I get all my lovely cozy cooler-weather clothes out)

-Get outside more (With the cooler weather moving in [YAYYYYYYYY], I want to get out and enjoy nature a little more. This is my first autumn since I got my dog Xander, so I definitely want to take him on lots of walks for fun AND exercise. And also reading, drinking coffee, writing, just doing everything out in the fall goodness.)

Also! I'm going to change my posting day! I've been posting on Thursdays because I'm off work, but it's been really hard because I'm lazy to write and edit the posts, take and edit the photos, and have them ready to post on Thursday mornings. And then if I have any plans at all Thursday mornings the post doesn't go up until evening sometimes, and I really prefer to post in the morning.

SO. I'm going to try to post on Fridays for now. That way I can do whatever needs to be done on the post when I have time Thursday, and schedule it to post on Friday. I MIGHT end up doing it Saturdays, though. We'll see. (honestly though, Emily, why do think everyone needs all those details.
literally just say "Thursday's out, Friday's in. peace.")

Well, anyway, that's enough rambling from me for one day! Thanks for reading, and LET'S HAVE A FANTASTIC OCTOBER!

(also I was looking at my recent posts and realized that the titles of my last FIVE posts have started
with the name of a story in all caps. why do I find that interesting.)

How was your September? What was your favorite thing you did? HOW IS YOUR FALL GOING WHAT FALLISH THINGS ARE YOU DOING AHHH LET'S FANGIRL ABOUT FALL And what would you prefer, posts on Fridays or Saturdays? Let me know!


22 comments:

  1. Yes, I feel you about starting and finishing books in the same month! Especialy on Goodreads where it says "read in October" when I read most of it in September! Yeah, I'm picky, too. XD Have a wonderful October, Emily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!!! ^_^ I'm glad you had such a lovely September (and I don't know if I've mentioned it lately but can I just say I ADORE YOUR NEW BLOG THEME SO MUCH *heart eyes*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm so glad you like it. :D

      Delete
  3. TODAY WAS THE FIRST COOL DAY WE'VE HAD AND I AM SO EXCITED. *pulls out sweatshirts* *and sweatpants* *and blankets* *and hot chocolate* I AM READY FOR FALL.

    (haha, the Q&A strikes again. XD)

    Hope you have an amazing October, Emily (although I’m sure you will. 😉) And GOOD LUCK WITH NANO NEXT MONTH!!!! You GOT THIS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE FIRST COOL DAY OF THE YEAR IS LIKE HEAVEN OH MY GOODNESS. And that's me, wanting to pull out everything fallish even though it'll probably turn hot again the next day. xD

      (honestly why did I think the Q&A was a good idea. xD)

      Thank you!! You too, Nicole!

      Delete
  4. Your new blog look is so pretty!!

    Best of luck with Nano and your goals, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do a closet clean out too! Congrats on your Havok publications!!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it'll be easier for you than it is for me. xD Thank you!!

      Delete
  6. Sounds you like you had a WONDERFUL September. And yesss, here's to an epic October!! Also I NEED THAT VLOG, PLEASE AND THANK YOU. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah for October! AND YES I'M TRYING UGH WHY IS IT SO HARD. XD

      Delete
  7. I'm so jealous that you all are in fall! Australia's in this weird spot between winter, spring, and summer, so I have no clue what to wear half the time. :P

    Congrats on your Havok publication, so exciting, ahhh! *hugs* And be kind to yourself with goals! Whether or not you finish the draft, the most important thing is to keep going. :) Have a great October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that does sound hard! Haha. Honestly, that's how Missouri is most of the time. xD

      Thank you! Yes, that's so important! <3

      Delete
  8. I LOVE FALL TOO!! And I'm also really excited to read Fawkes and Romanov (whenever I manage to find them and also have the time. :p). They both look SOOOO GOOD.

    Oh, I've had a couple of friends get married lately, and I know that feeling of watching everyone grow up!

    OOH HAPPY LATE BLOGOVERSARY!!! One year, that is so exciting!!! Also, I don't know if I've mentioned this already, but your blog theme is so gorgeous! I love how elegant it is.

    Hahaahaha, sense? Reasonable goals? We've never heard of such things, only NaNo-induced writing panic. LOL, but seriously, best of luck finishing your draft!

    Oh, and Friday, Saturday, doesn't matter to me. I read posts at super random times anyway, so I generally have no idea when they actually went live. :p


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to read Romanov it's kind of ridiculous. xD

      Isn't it so weird? I still can't believe I'm old enough for people my age to be getting married. o.o

      Thank you!! Ooh, "elegant"? That's a lovely compliment. ;D

      Lol, you're right. "Reasonable" and "NaNo season" don't really go together. xD

      Me too, honestly. I've been so behind on blog posts lately it's ridiculous. xD

      Delete
  9. I really need to read Fawkes! I have not written much this month either. My schedule is not slowing fall is going to be busy for me. I'm also hoping on editing more this month. Hope you get your goals done.
    Saturday posting would be good. Whatever works for you. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read that first book you posted about.

    To be honest, I'd be happy to finish a book in a month, no matter if it was aesthetically done so or not, just because I've turned into such a slow reader that takes six months to finish the most interesting types of books ;D

    Hope your October goals are all achieved!

    MB> keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB> thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saame though! I've been reading soo slowly and it's not even because I'm not enjoying what I'm reading. It's so annoying. xD

      Thank you!

      Delete
  11. Decorating your room is the best part xD My literal tradition haha.
    http://accordingtoisabellakate.blogspot.com
    -Isabella

    ReplyDelete