Thursday, June 27, 2019

JUNE 2019

Happy summer, guys!

I can't believe it's almost the end of June... and it's summer... and the Fourth of July is almost here. (only two more months til fall!) Hopefully those of you who are still in school are enjoying your vacation, and those of you who aren't are having a good time doing whatever it is you do in the summer. xD

Now for my monthly highlights post! *ignores that ridiculously awkward transition*



READING

Reading was... pretty rough this month.

It's not that I read any bad books. Actually, I finished reading a fantastic book (A Time to Rise by Nadine Brandes) and read another great one, A Thousand Perfect Notes by CG Drews, aka Paper Fury. Unfortunately it did have some language, but I enjoyed the story.

The other book this month is Falcon In the Glass by Susan Fletcher. It's literally taking me weeks to read this thing. And the frustrating thing is that it's not because I'm not enjoying it. The book is actually shaping up to be pretty cool. But I'm just going through a dry spell, I guess, for reading.

I will finish this book by the end of the month, and I think I'm going to like it. I'm just not overly motivated right now. *shrugs*

WRITING

I haven't done a whole lot of writing this month. My dry reading spell dragged with it a dry writing spell.


Buut I AM doing Camp NaNo next month! In hopes to get back into the groove and get some ACTUAL work done on Fall Into Time.

Also, on the subject of Camp NaNo... in case you guys didn't see my Instagram story earlier this week, I really want to be a part of a better cabin this Camp. Last Camp I decided to be randomly assigned to a cabin and it was... pretty unenjoyable. First, I'm not big on throwing myself into situations with a bunch of people I don't know at all, plus some of the content these people were talking about being in their books... I just couldn't get into it. SO if anybody's starting a personal cabin and wouldn't mind me invading on that, let me know. xD

ALSO I just want to say that the day I started Camp NaNo planning for Fall Into Time was June 23rd. WHICH IS THE DAYYYY THAT "THE THING" HAPPENS IN THE STORY. TOTAL coincidence. Blew my mind.

DRAWING

This is a new addition to the monthly highlights posts, and hopefully I'll be able to feature something here every month! I used to draw a lot but haven't done it that seriously in a few years, so I've been enjoying getting back into it. This month I drew two pictures:

Taylor Swift

Asher, from my story Fall Into Time.
Neither one of these is perfect, and I still have some more work to do on Asher. But I'm pretty happy with how they turned out considering how out of practice I am.

LIFE

This month I went to the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, Illinois.

Noel Neill statue
Batmobile some guy made when he was 17!!
I've been to the Celebration three times before. It's always so fun, especially for a superhero lover like me. ;D This year I got to see Helen Slater, who played Supergirl in the 1984 movie; and I met Erica Durance, who played Lois Lane on the show Smallville.

Erica Durance
Helen Slater
Me and Erica Durance
Me and my mom went to a local festival celebrating the man who founded our town, and there was this epic pirate ship/play thing for the kids.


Also I had this pineapple lemonade and it was delicious.



I applied to college.


So if all goes according to plan, I'll be starting this fall. *deep breath*

I finished my bullet journal and started a new one!


It's so satisfying looking at it and knowing that I've filled all those pages! Every single day I've lived
since September 1 is recorded somehow within those pages.

Also, unfortunately I don't have any pictures but some guy keeps bringing his pet monkey through the drive-thru where I work and the monkey snuggled me so that's definitely a highlight. xD

Oh, and dog.


BLOGGING





And that's about it! Seems like I had a pretty full month. o.o I hope your June was great! See you in July!

What did you do in June? Are you a summer person or do you prefer to sit in the shade and wait for fall? ;) And of course the important question, who's doing Camp NaNo?

16 comments:

  1. Funny how reading and writing walk (or hide) hand in hand, yes? And so funny about the monkey! Love ATPN ... but yeah, language isn't so great ;/. I'm definitely a summer person and I'm sooo sad it's nearly over ;/ I'm not doing camp NaNo because I don't have time for the social aspect of it. June was amazing, and I think July shall be, too ;)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, summer technically just began, so you still have quite a lot of it to look forward to! :) Then again I live in a state where summer weather takes up 40% of the fall, so. xD

      I'm glad you had a great month and expect July to be the same! :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great month! And I love your drawings! <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your art! Best of luck with Camp Nano!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love summer! Glad you had a good June. :) June was good for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck on college, I'm sure you'll do fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH BEST OF LUCK WITH COLLEGE! I'm starting in the fall as well! Do you know what you're studying yet?

    My June was pretty hectic, with a part-time job, part-time internship, and part-time summer classes. All that adds up to a very full time! Things are slowing down in July, so I'm excited to read more and do a little bit of vegging out + real relaxation before August.

    - Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm going to be majoring in business. :)

      Oh wow, that does sound hectic! I'm glad you'll be getting a chance to relax! I definitely need more of that. xD Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Your June looks like it was lots of fun! I'm planning on reading ATPN at some point this month; we'll see what happens!

    (P. S. Hi! I came to your blog from a comment you left on Kara Lynn's blogpost! Super excited to be here!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! :)

      Oh, that's awesome! I love hearing how people found my blog. :D Thank you so much for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Best wishes with Camp NaNo! I’m weird about cabins too. I’m just going to lone wolf it this month haha. That Superman festival looks awesome!!! And monkey snuggles! So cute! What type of monkey is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one, haha!

      It's definitely worth the trip if you're a Superman fan!

      I'm really not sure what kind it was, but my best guess would be a capuchin monkey? That's the closest one to what it looks like that I can find. :P

      Delete