Thursday, March 14, 2019

Books I Really Really (Really) Want to Read in 2019

Hey guys! Okay, it totally seems like yesterday that I posted my February highlights. March is going by pretty fast and I'm really not sure I'm okay with it. The first few months of the year always go by really quickly; we start out with all these goals and plans and then it's like BAM, we're a fourth of the way through the year and you're afraid you haven't really done enough yet.

But anyway! That's all beside the point. Sort of. Well, this post is sort of a reminder that there's still a LOT left of the year to accomplish your goals! Which is good, because today I'm sharing with you guys what books I want to read this year-- and there are a lot of them.


Of course, there are lots more books on my TBR list. But these books are the ones that I'm ITCHING 
to get around to and want to get my hands on as soon as possible. Aaaand here's the list!

(also, none of the books in that photo are actually on these list... xD they're all just random books on my bookshelf that I haven't read yet. also, some of them still have Goodwill stickers on them.)

OUT OF TIME TRILOGY BY NADINE BRANDES



The rest of this list isn't going to be in any particular order, but these really are first on my list. I have heard from so many people that these books are so good! I'm a sucker for trilogies and I've been looking for more fantasy books, so I can't wait to get these.

WITHIN THESE LINES BY STEPHANIE MORRILL


This book just came out and I'm SO excited to get it! I actually haven't read anything by Stephanie Morrill yet, but this might be the first one of hers I get because one, I LOVE the WWII era, and two, it's kind of special because I actually followed along with the author on the Go Teen Writers blog when she wrote it.

BLOOD OF KINGS TRILOGY BY JILL WILLIAMSON



Another fantasy trilogy I've heard good things about! I can't wait to get these books, because I feel like they're going to be epic.

THE WARROR MAIDEN BY MELANIE DICKERSON


This is the next book in the Hagenheim series, which I've kept up with since the third book came out. I'm really looking forward to reading the next chapter of the family's story. (The Piper's Pursuit also releases this year, but since it comes out in December I probably won't get to it until next year.)

PERFECT SCOUNDRELS BY ALLY CARTER



I read the first two Heist Society books a couple of years ago and I've never gotten around to this one 
because my library doesn't have it. (Come on, library. Get it together.) I think I'll want to reread the first two before I get around to this one, though, so I don't forget everything and go into #3 all 
confused. xD

A THOUSAND PERFECT NOTES BY C.G. DREWS


I am WAY past overdue reading this one, because I love Cait and her blog and I'm so happy for her and I just need this, okay?

WINTER BY MARISSA MEYER



I NEED TO READ THIS. Again, I am WAYY past overdue because I've read the first three Lunar 
Chronicles books and my library HAS this one!! (I guess I've just been daunted by alllll those pages. o.o) I probably should reread the first three books of this one, too? I guess we'll see, because like I said, that's a lot of pages. xD

STORYWORLD FIRST BY JILL WILLIAMSON



I've been wanting to read this for a while, as I'm always trying to make my storyworlds better; and I decided earlier this year that I wanted to try to read some writing books. Hopefully this year I can finally get ahold of this one!


Okay, whew, that was a lot of books. I think I hear my bank account crying. But it's fine. I really can't wait to dig into all of these, and I'm sure you can expect a few book reviews, too!


Also, on a completely unrelated note... THIS IS MY LAST BLOG POST AS A 20-YEAR-OLD. Yikes. I turn 21 on Monday and I can still barely comprehend that. I still feel like I'm 16. xD

Me whenever I remember how old I am.
Have you read any of the books on my list? Any other books I should read as soon as possible?? What do you want to read this year?

14 comments:

  1. Ooh--I've been meaning to read A Thousand Perfect Notes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't believe I still haven't read it yet. xD

      Delete
  2. Okay, first off - HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!! *confetti*

    And gosh dang it, I need to read ALLLLL of these! (I think you’ll like the Out of Time series - I’ve only read the first two, but they’re soooo good!) and Winter! *dies* that was the most amazing conclusion ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!

      I'm soo excited to read them! And my gosh, I need to read Winter so bad. xD

      Delete
  3. A Thousand Perfect Notes is SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?? Ugh now I'm even more excited to get it. xD

      Delete
  4. I really want to read Within These Lines! Also Story World First looks good. Looks like a great list of books to read.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super excited for Within These Lines as well! And I've never heard of The Warrior Maiden, but I saw the cover, read the title, and I NEED IT!!!!

    Winter is incredible!!! <3 And Storyworld First is really good! Can't wait to hear what you think when you read them!

    And happy early birthday! Dude, I know that feel! Technically I'm 21 as well, but I swear I'm still a teenager :p


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh so many good books! It's going to be a busy year xD And yes, that cover is gorgeous!

      Thank you! Haha, seriously. There's no way we're adults. xD

      Delete
  6. You'll love A Thousand Perfect Notes and Jill Williamson's books; they're amazing!!! I also really really want to read Within These Lines. It should be arriving any day now. :D Happy reading, and happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad to hear it! I can't wait to get them. And thank you!

      Delete
  7. I'm dying to read Out of Time too!!!

    ReplyDelete