Thursday, January 10, 2019

My 2019 Goals

IT'S 2019!

I'm excited for this year. I feel like it's going to be a good one. I was sad as always to see Christmas go, but I think I was more ready than ever this year to start fresh again. My routine and some of the healthy habits I'd gotten into had totally gone down the drain and I was so eager to get back to that.

So, today I'm going to be sharing with you guys some of my goals for 2019! I kind of accidentally made a lot of them? Which is kind of funny because last year I didn't technically make any. I just felt like last year it was better for me to just try harder in every area of my life, be intentional with my time and money, and not waste a moment, rather than make a bunch of hollow goals.

But this year I found that I wanted to make goals and lists. Maybe it was because I had gotten so far off the routine I had established and wanted to redeem myself. But I have goals, and I'm looking forward to actually putting the effort into achieving them.

So here they are: just a few of my goals for 2019 (in no particular order)!

(ft. the first book I read in 2019)

KEEP UP WITH BULLET JOURNALING

I got so involved in bullet journaling this past fall. It was helping me so much to stay organized and make daily goals, and I was looking forward to sitting down each evening and drawing out the journal for the next day. But, like many other things, I got off track and stopped being so faithful about it. I'd get days behind and then catch myself up just so there wouldn't be any gaps.

So this year, I want to be diligent again about keeping up with it. Like I said, it's such a great help to me and also very satisfying to see all the organized little calendars and boxes, so I definitely want to keep up with it and not get behind again.

GET OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE

This could include many things, but I mean it mostly in the way of social situations. If you know me personally you know that I'm extremely antisocial outside of a computer screen. Unless someone's my close friend I prefer to keep to myself and avoid them. It sounds awful and I feel bad about it sometimes, but my introverted self just wishes that everybody else would mind their business and leave me alone. Don't talk to me, don't look at me.

This is me. So, so me. 
But at the same time, I want to be a friendly person. To show love and light to those who need it. So this year I want to try to always be getting out of my comfort zone in some way. Even if just means something as simple as walking through an occupied aisle at the store instead of seeking out a deserted one.

KEEP UP WITH READING BLOGS

This is HARD, y'all. There are so many great blogs that I try to read. And I fail. All the time.

But especially now that I've started my own blog, I want to make more of an effort to stay up-to-date with all the blogs I read, too. I've gotten so far behind on some of them and I want to keep from doing that this year.

FINISH A BOOK

I have all these stories sitting in my laptop unfinished and I keep flipping back and forth between this 
one and that one. It's been so long since I started some of them and I feel kind of guilty for leaving them like that so long.

So this year I want to finish one of my books. Any of them (because I can never predict which one I'll be in the mood to work on this year, heh). I'm not talking about edited and polished and publisher-ready (although that would be fantastic); I just want the story written and ready to move onto the next draft.

KEEP TRACK OF HOW MANY WORDS I WRITE


So this is one that I literally JUST came up with, but I think it will be fun. (Until I get tired of keeping track...) I'd like to try to actually keep a record of how many words I write every time I sit down to write. I think it will be interesting at the end of the year to be able to look back and actually see those statistics (and not just for the month of November ;).

I'll just count my books in this, not blog posts or anything. Of course, I can't promise that I'll stick with this one. It's just something that I'd like to try and if I decide it's not something I want to do all year, I'll stop. But I want to give it a shot, anyway.

These are definitely not all my goals for this year. Like I said, I seem to have a lot. But I'm ready for this year and excited to see what it will bring. Each year gives us 365 days in which we can grow and learn and accomplish so much. Can you imagine what we could do in a year if we worked as hard as we're actually capable?

What are some of your goals for 2019? Do you enjoy making lists or do you keep it all in your head? What are you most excited for in 2019?

(also, I'm trying out normal black font for this post instead of the brownish color I've been using as I feel black will look more standard and polished... what do you think? is black better? I'd love your opinion.)

7 comments:

  1. Ooo, bullet journaling is so fun! I just started one last week for the new year and it’s already so helpful! (although it’s a complete mess....XD)

    Good luck with your goals!

    (Also, do you have a follower icon that I can use to follow you? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I feel like mine's a mess too sometimes but at least I'm the only one looking at it. xD

      Thank you so much! And I'm still working on the follower thing, hehe. There's a bar on the side to subscribe by email, but I was having trouble with the Blogger gadget. I can't remember exactly what the issue was... guess I'll go try again. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I make a list some days to keep track of what I need to do. I just started blogging some time ago and I really have gotten organized. I have a special note book for blogging.

    Yes I think back words look best!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lists are great! I never would have thought I would be as organized as I'm becoming thanks to lists. xD

      I'm thinking so, too! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Howdy there. I saw your comment on Tracey’s blog and decided to hop over to this little corner of the web. Yeah, keeping track of words written would be cool. I’ve done that for short spurts before but never consistently. I also don’t write much fiction these days, mostly essays. Finishing a book is a great goal. I’ve yet to finish one myself. I haven’t even come close. But I like short fiction, so that’s where I go when I have such energies. I don’t really like to make goals for myself because I just end up failing half of them, so my overall goal is simply to get a good amount of work done this year. Some days have more hours than others, but some work is also far more draining than other work, so it all balances out. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! That's a great goal, especially if making official resolution-type goals isn't your thing. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete