Wednesday, January 2, 2019

End-of-Year Wrapup

(*posts an end-of-year-wrapup at the beginning of the year*) (oops)

We made it-- 2018 is over.

It's always such a weird feeling letting a year go. On one hand, I'm kind of sad, especially if some really great things have happened that year. It's silly, but you'll never get to live in that year again, you know? And then on the other hand, I'm so ready to start a new year with a fresh outlook and a clean slate.

But before I do that, I usually look back at the past year and recall what it brought me. And that's what you're reading right now: my first end-of-the-year wrapup post.

BLOGGING

I STARTED MY BLOG THIS YEAR! *confetti*

Thank you to everyone who's read my blog, left comments, and supported me. Starting this blog was such a big step out of my comfort zone and I'm loving it so far. I hope to share much, much more with you all in the next year!

READING

This year has not been great in the way of reading. I don't mean what I read, but how much. Of course, I still read, and that's what matters, but I just didn't read as much as I would have liked.

Please excuse this unproportionate Goodreads screenshot.

Honestly, most of the year was consumed with reading the complete Oz collection by L. Frank Baum. Which I very much enjoyed, but whew. What an undertaking. Also, I just want to point out that Goodreads only counted these as five books, but excuse me, there were THREE books in each 
volume, thank you very much.

Not counting the Chronicles of Narnia which are of course going to win out over everything else, I think my favorite book this year would be The Bridge.

(I just logged onto Goodreads and it said to me "Challenge yourself to read more this year!" and the suggested amount of books was 12. XD Shows you how little I read in 2018.)

WRITING

Sooo...

*drumroll*

I WON NANO THIS YEAR!

If you've been reading my blog you've probably seen me yell about this more than once. So, sorry. But this was a huge triumph for me and I'm still so happy that I did it.

Other than that, I did some work on one of my other stories this year (which you'll probably hear about eventually). But the main thing is that... *whispers* I won NaNo.

LIFE

This year's been kind of full of things.

First, I turned 20. Which is crazy. I literally still forget sometimes that I'm not a teenager anymore, 
and then I feel like I'm 80 years old. Seriously, how am I already 20?

I became an official crew trainer at work, which means that I'm one of the people they depend on to properly train new hires. I'm also expected to help my fellow employees whenever they don't know how to do something, or correct them if they're doing something incorrectly. SO MUCH POWER. (jk.)

This year I said goodbye to my 18-year-old dog Shadow.


And I got a car! Which is great for me, not so great for my bank account. But, you know. That's how it is.

Overall, it's been a good year. There's been some stuff to deal with, but, you know, I'm sure nobody's year was perfect. It's often how we choose to deal with everything that makes the year good or bad.

Anyway, guys, there you have it! I hope you had a great year and that 2019 will be even better!

How was your 2018? Anything fantastic happen? Did it go by super fast for you, too? Let's chat!

2 comments:

  1. I don't even want to know the number Goodreads would give me for challenging myself. Maybe 7? lol. I do hope to read more this year by sticking to a schedule of reading at least 2 chapters of something everyday. But we'll see how that goes. :)

    Congratulations on winning NaNo! I hope to get some more writing done this year as well, though I don't know if NaNo will happen. :p

    I know right! I'm 21 now and I STILL sometimes forget that I'm not 19. :p

    I'm sorry about your dog. :( Saying goodbye to a pet is always incredibly hard.

    I had a lot of life stuff happen this year, like getting a new job and some other things. I'm hoping that 2019 will be a year where things settle some and I'm able to get back into my other pursuits.


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I totally get you. It's so hard to read as much as I get older and have more responsibilities.

      Thanks so much for stopping by! Good luck on everything you're hoping to do this year!

      Delete