Saturday, March 20, 2021

THE MUSIC TAG (in which I have great taste)


Happy Saturday, everyone! You may have noticed I randomly skipped posting last week. Whoopsies. xD Me and planning posts ahead don't get along, but we're working on our relationship. 

BUT here I am this week, and I'm doing a tag for the first time in quite a while! (at least, it's been a while since I did one I was actually tagged for. xD) Nicole tagged me almost a YEAR ago (hehe whoopsies again) for the Music Tag, and I'm super excited to just ramble about music and share my slightly random music taste with y'all!

THE RULES

-Write ten songs that come on shuffle (no skipping). I'm not really sure how they want me to do this so I guess I'll just do my "on repeat" playlist on Spotify?

-Write your favorite lyric from each song. 

-Tag some people. Lol. We all know I'm not gonna do that.

ALL RIGHT. Here we go. Prepare yourself, because I have no idea how this is gonna go. xD

(okay I technically broke the rules already because literally the first song that I came to was the Skyrim theme which had no lyrics so)


1. WORN by Tenth Avenue North

I love this song. I LOVE THIS SONG. It's hard to choose a favorite lyric because they're all fantastic. And it's kind of hard to say I have a "favorite" lyric anyway, because the whole song is kind of sad. don't be deterred it really is a great song But here's one part that means a lot: 

I know I need to lift my eyes up

But I'm too weak

Life just won't let up

And I know that You can give me rest

So I cry out with all that I have left

I first started loving this song last semester, when I was just feeling so tired and, well, worn. I was exhausted mentally and physically, and all I could do was trust God and try to rest in Him. 


2. NEVER ENDING STORY by LIMAHL

*screams at top of lungs* TUUUUURN AROUUUUND

Ahem. This song gets me very excited. xD I can't really pick any favorite lyrics from this song, because they're kind of odd honestly, so I'll just put the first few lines; but just know that this song is very nostalgic and that opening music will get me pumped every time. (go listen to it if you haven't heard it. and watch the movie. YOU NEED TO WATCH THE MOVIE.)

Turn around

Look at what you see

In her face

The mirror of your dreams


3. IMMORTALS by FALL OUT BOY

Another song with odd lyrics. Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard a Fall Out Boy song that's made much sense. xD 

Sometimes the only payoff for having any faith

Is when it's tested again and again every day

I'm still comparing your past to my future

It might be your wound but they're my sutures

(like seriously what are they talking about) (but the first couple lines in that part are kind of neat)


4. DARE by STAN BUSH

ANOTHER SONG I LOVE! It's from the eighties and I just think it's so cool. I have it on my college playlist to motivate me. xD

Sometimes when your hopes have all been shattered

There's nowhere to turn

You don't know how you'll keep going 

Think of all the things that really matter

And the chances you've earned

The fire in your heart in growing

You can fly if you try leaving the past behind

Heaven only knows what you might find


Dare

Dare to believe you can survive

You hold the future in your hand

Dare

Dare to keep all your dreams alive

It's time to take a stand

You can win if you dare

(I know that was a lot of lyrics but like I said I love this song so xD)


5. THE WHOLE OF THE MOON by CELTIC WOMAN

I've been getting back into Celtic Woman lately after not listening to them for a long while, and I forgot how fantastic they are. This is one of my favorite songs to hear them sing, and it takes a couple times of really listening to it but the lyrics are beautiful!

I was grounded

While you filled the skies

I was dumbfounded by truths

You cut through lies

I saw the rain-dirty valley

You saw Brigadoon

I saw the crescent

You saw the whole of the moon


I love picturing the dreamy person these lyrics could be about. Someone who sees so much magic in life, who isn't afraid to live and do the important things. This song isn't new to me, but after rediscovering it recently it's one of my new favorites. 


6. NEVERLAND by ZENDAYA

WE'RE REALLY PULLING OUT ALL THE GOOD ONES HERE. I LOVE this song. I first listened to it when I was putting together my Trentley and Jynnia playlist, and fell in love with it. I'll use the word "dreamy" again, because this song is dreamy, and magical, and nostalgic, and just so lovely. It also gives me major Dust vibes (Kara Swanson's book) and I would like to see Dust made into a movie with this song as the theme song, please and thank you very much. 

We can sail away tonight

On a sea of pure moonlight

We can navigate the stars to bring us back home

In a place so far away

We'll be young, that's how we'll stay

Every wish is our command

When we find ourselves in Never, Neverland


7. SHADOWS by TENTH AVENUE NORTH

I'm not as familiar with this TAN song, but it's from the same album as Worn, and the whole album is seriously great. Go listen to it.

Oh, Lord, light up my dark eyes

Teach me to let go

I’ve been runnin’

Chasing nothing but shadows


8. THE STRUGGLE by TENTH AVENUE NORTH

I told you this album is great. xD 

Hallelujah, death is overcome

And we are breathing

Hallelujah our stone hearts become flesh

A flesh that's beating

Hallelujah chains have been undone

And we are singing

Hallelujah the fire has begun

Can you feel it?


9. RISE by DANNY GOKEY

Another great song! And another one I find hard to find favorite lyrics from. So, here's a pile of lyrics (and they're all even before the chorus so that shows you how good the song is).

There's a brokenness inside of you

There's a wound that still reminds you

Of the fear, shame and rejection

You have seen it, you have seen it

You know it's time to get up

But your heart's paralyzed, you're so stuck

You're past the point of trying again

You're defeated, you're defeated

But something inside you can't deny

You hear the call of your creator

I made you for more, unlocked the door

I wanna restore your glory

(This song is on the playlist for my story in the Warriors Against the Storm anthology, After the War, which you should definitely go listen to *nudges you toward my Spotify which is linked at the bottom of this post*)


9. THE TOUCH by STAN BUSH

Another eighties song, hehe. This one is also super cool!

You never bend, you never break

You seem to know just what it takes

You're a fighter


It's in the blood, it's in the will

It's in the mighty hands of steel

When you're standing your ground


10. DREAMS by VAN HALEN

...and another eighties song. xD

This is another one of those songs that just screams "nostalgia" to me. It was in Power Rangers: The Movie, so it takes me back to my childhood. It's also the song that inspired my Havok story Higher!

So baby, dry your eyes

Save all the tears you've cried

Oh, that's what dreams are made of

'Cause we belong

In a world that must be strong

Oh, that's what dreams are made of

Yeah, we'll get higher and higher

Straight up we'll climb

Higher and higher

Leave it all behind

Oh, we'll get higher and higher

Who knows what we'll find


And that's it! That was super fun and I'm actually really pleased with all the songs I ended up with. I guess I've just been listening to some great music lately. xD Like I said, I'm not going to tag anybody specific... so if you're reading this and want to do it, consider yourself mass tagged. You're welcome.

As promised, here's my Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/emilyd98?si=Aw5FR80oSCae7sencJgrqg

I hope you all are having a lovely weekend! I'm finishing out my spring break (very sad), and also took the weekend off from work (very happy), so I'm hoping to get some serious reading done today! I haven't been reading as much the past week or two, but hopefully today will change that. 

I also have a new YouTube video coming, probably tomorrow! Stay tuned for that. :D Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

Have you heard any of these songs? What are some of your random favorite songs? Do we have any other 80's music fans in here?

11 comments:

  1. I have NEVER heard any of those songs, but so many of them sound amazing! Especially the first one--I absolutely love the lyrics that you posted to go with that one, so I'll definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH you're in for a treat, then, if you listen to any of them! :D And YES- I love that song. <3

      Delete
  2. Tenth Avenue North is SO GOOD. I'm not sure I've heard the ones you listed though??? I have not been listening to like ANY lyrical music lately. Used to I listened to so much of that stuff, but these days it's more instrumental music. BUT I'm listening to Shadows by Tenth Avenue North now because I LOVED those lyrics you shared, and it is so beautiful! <3

    All these songs sound so good and I need to check them out!

    ALSO. That is such a crazy coincidence you brought of The Neverending Story. Because would you believe I only just saw that movie for the first time THIS WEEK??? I KNOW. That was like EVERYONE'S childhood, but somehow I never saw it??? It was a ton of fun though! But it also made me realize I somehow accidentally copied some stuff from it for my Fragmented Worlds series, hilariously enough. o.o The whole "Nothing" eating away the world thing? Yeah...I did that. WHOOPS. I had NOOO idea that was the plot of The Neverending Story! *flails* So...may have to change some stuff in my book. But ANYWAYS. It was a fun movie! XD

    (Wow, that was a random tangent.)

    ANYWHO. This was a ton of fun! And is definitely making me want to go listen to all of these! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY ARE. I've only listened to that one album as of yet but I'm already in love. (Also discovered right after I decided I was a fan that they're apparently disbanding? So that was fun. xD)

      AHH you watched The Neverending Story?? That's so cool! :D And oh man, isn't that the worst thing when you realize you accidentally copied something?? Actually, I think I thought of that when you were first sharing about that story. Oops. xD

      Yes! Definitely go listen to them, they're all super great! :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh, fun tag. I've heard some of these songs, but not all of them. I'm going to have to check out the ones I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you shared of these songs sounds amazing!!! And oh, yes! Zendaya's Neverland NEEDS to be Dust's theme song!!! I'm not sure I've heard it before, but what you shared? Just so much yes! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, you need to listen to it! It's SO good! *heart eyes*

      Delete
  5. Love Ten Avenue North so much! You do have good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have great taste! I actually know most of these songs; the only ones I didn't recognize at all were the ones from the 80's, but I'm gonna have to check them out, because those lyrics sound really good! :D


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE NEVERENDING STOOOOOOOOOOORY! Ack, that song gives me chills from its epicness!

    ReplyDelete