Thursday, July 18, 2019

Mid Year Book Freakout Tag!

HELLO AND HAPPY THURSDAY.

I've been seeing this bookish tag going around the blogosphere and so naturally I had to jump in on it. I feel like I may be a little late to the game since we're over halfway through July now... but it's fine. Shh.

Soo, anyway, here it is: the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag! I actually love that such a tag exists because isn't freaking out about books basically all we do around here?


(Also, I tried really hard not to repeat anything... but this post is now a fan letter for the Out of Time series.)

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2019. I have to give this one to A Time to Speak by Nadine Brandes. This was the only book I read this year (or maybe ever) that literally left me speechless. It was just SO good.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2019. THIS IS ALREADY SO HARD. *dies* Buut I'll go with Broken Wings by Shannon Dittemore. I don't know if the second book in a trilogy is teeechnically considered a sequel? But we'll roll with it.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to. ROMANOOOOOOV. romanovromanovromanovromanovromanovroma

I neeeeeed it
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year. I'm actually not sure when this one releases? But I'm looking forward to The Piper's Pursuit by Melanie Dickerson. (even though I haven't read The Warrior Maiden yet...)

5. Biggest disappointment. The Radiant Road by Katherine Catmull. I was literally so excited when I started this book because the beginning was immediately so eerie and magical and RIGHT DOWN MY ALLEY. And it was really promising for a while, but then it just... took some turns I didn't care for and got pretty weird, and I was just overall disappointed.

6. Biggest surprise. I had another answer first, but after thinking about it I decided to go with The Forgotten Book  by Mechthild Glaser. It was a fun read with a touch of magic, and a really great plot twist I didn't expect. I had my issues with it, but overall it surprised me with the ending.

7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you) Nadine Brandes! :D :D :D


8. Newest fictional crush. SOLOMON FROM THE OUT OF TIME SERIES. (I'm obsessed with this series okay)

9. Newest favourite character. Um... Parvin Blackwater. *hides*

10. Book that made you cry. *flops dramatically* MY LIFE HAS BEEN TAKEN OVER BY THIS BOOK but my answer to this one is A Time to Speak again. I didn't actually cry, but man, I came REAL close to it.

11. Book that made you happy. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine. It's just such a fun, fluffy read and had such a satisfying ending.

12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received). The Evaporation of Sofi Snow is pretty gorgeous.


13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? Oh gosh. Fawkes, Romanov, The Evaporation of Sofi Snow, The Warrior Maiden, and everything in between.


And that's a wrap on the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag! It was fun, even if 98.9% of my answers were about the same series.


But anyway, thank you guys for reading and freaking out about books with me and I hope you're having a great reading year! Also, I really feel like there are other books coming out this year that I'm forgetting about??? If you know of any good ones to look forward to, let me know!


Have you done this tag? Leave me a link in the comments so I can read your post! Also, what's your favorite book you've read this year? Give me allll the recommendations because my TBR isn't long enough!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to read Romanova too!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I love all the Out of Time answers! I MUST read that series. ASAP!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this post is convicting me to finally buy A Time to Speak. I don't know why it's been so long since I read the first book?? I must correct this.

    I loved listening to your flailing, thanks for the recommendations! <3 Mine for you would be 'Dance of Thieves' by Mary E Pearson (complex fantasy romance + fascinating worldbuilding + hard choices), and 'Warcross' by Mari Lu (if you're in the mood for a twisty sci-fi thriller!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss do it! It's SO good!

      Thank you! ;D Ooh, and thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely check those out!

      Delete
  4. Sooo you've totally convinced me that I need to read the A Time To Die series haha It sounds so awesome and so good and I really love Nadine Brandes. Fawkes and Romanov were amazing!

    www.melodypersonetteauthor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy! xD It's seriously one of the best series I've ever read. And I can't wait to read Fawkes and Romanov!

      Delete
  5. I'm totally dying to read Romanov too! I've heard so many great things about Nadine's books (and I love her Instagram) but I haven't gotten a chance to pick one up yet. *hides behind pillows in shame*

    Super fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww! And yes, isn't her Instagram the loveliest??

      Thank you!!

      Delete